Tax and NI funded services should be the same.

(7 Posts)
EveOnline2016 Mon 05-Sep-16 17:35:23

A few threads today has got me thinking. Specifically the school and gp threads.

We the people pay via tax and ni for these services so I think these services should be the same. There shouldn't be better schools or better doctors and these services should operate the same.

Accessing these shouldn't be about where people can afford to live

JessicasCrocodile Mon 05-Sep-16 18:26:10

I can't think of anyone I know who would disagree with that. It is the implementation that is hard.

LittleBearPad Mon 05-Sep-16 18:45:03

So how are you going to achieve that?

The premise seems fine. Equal access to equally good services. How Is that going to happen in real life?

EveOnline2016 Mon 05-Sep-16 20:48:42

There has got to be a way to do it.

LittleBearPad Mon 05-Sep-16 20:50:53

Why?

But if there is what is it?

Birdsgottafly Mon 05-Sep-16 21:14:48

One way would be to have consist polices between LA's/LEA's.

The same applies to Speech/ Other therapies and Child Psychological services.

Legal Aid could be re-instated, so LEAs can be taken to court, by Parents, so there are reviews and recommendations of Polices.

Do Teachers get sacked if they admit a child is being failed?

If any Staff member ignored or doesn't act, when they see a child being Physically or Verbally/Mentally abused by another pupil, then they are culpable.

The Courts now recognise EA in Adult relationships, why not Teenagers?

Recognise the issues that Teachers are facing in the Area that they are in, whilst not thinking it's ok to give a lesser service.

All this would have the Goverment having questions to answer about the difference in LA funding, so it wouldn't happen.

We evened things out, compared to what they were across Social Care and Health. It could go further, but we've got the wrong Government in, for that to ever happen.

HeddaLettuce Mon 05-Sep-16 21:16:23

That would be communism.

And what you're missing is that some people pay a LOT more tax than others. If they also want then to pay even more money for private, better stuff, as well as not use the services that they have paid a lot more than you for, who are you to stop them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now