To hide on last days of holiday

(8 Posts)
TaterTots Sun 04-Sep-16 10:59:49

Earlier this year I was invited to join some friends on holiday; a cheap flights, accommodation booked separately job. I didn't know everyone in the party so was slightly reticent at first, but in the end I thought 'sod it, sounds fun' and said yes. I've since met the others and they seem really nice, so all good.

However, after I've booked it turns out two extra people are joining us for a long weekend at the end of the holiday - neither of whom I would have chosen to go away with. I can't complain, as I'm not sure the people who didn't know me were asked if they minded my joining them. But I really don't relish two days solid with one of these people in particular. She's a cabaret singer, and the act doesn't stop when she comes off stage. It's like a constant performance.

The saving grace is that, as I booked later than the original party, I couldn't get into the same apartments, so booked one close by. At first I was disappointed we wouldn't all be in one place, but now it might be a good thing. As I have my own space, I'm considering spending more time on my own when these two arrive, maybe just meeting up in the evenings.

The main issue is to avoid upsetting my friends who organised the holiday, who are lovely and were very kind to invite me. Will they think it rude if I spend some time alone in the final days? I'd still meet up with everyone in the evening - I can handle the cabaret queen on a night out, just not all day. I'm wary that people might realise why I'm not around as much, but on the other hand, as I have my own accommodation, does it make sense to take advantage?

ImYourMama Sun 04-Sep-16 11:01:48

Just feign a bit of sun stroke on those days and come out in the evenings when it's cooler

wobblywonderwoman Sun 04-Sep-16 11:02:23

I would be totally like you. I would go along with whatever they are doing first day or two not to offend - be the centre of the party

Then I would mysterious my become tired/ I'll so as not to offend but nearer the end join in again

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 04-Sep-16 11:03:39

I feel a migraine coming on should do it....

TaterTots Sun 04-Sep-16 11:16:09

It will be quite a 'party holiday', so hopefully a couple of days of tiredness won't seem unusual.

I feel bad because they all seem to love this girl, which makes me wonder if it's me. (Then she does something else to irritate me and I decide it's definitely her grin)

wobblywonderwoman Sun 04-Sep-16 11:20:49

They might not really like her or love the fin element but I totally get the annoying type of person. I can handle them at work or whatever but a holiday should make you feel happy and refreshed

wobblywonderwoman Sun 04-Sep-16 11:21:01

Fun

PovertyPain Sun 04-Sep-16 11:25:50

Just tell them you're having a brilliant time, but want to take it a bit easier in the last few days, so you're well rested for going home, to work or whatever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now