to choose flexibility

(3 Posts)
sayerville Sat 03-Sep-16 11:28:56

Possibility of a new job...what I have now is flexibility, flexitime, can build up for a day off a month, I work 30 hours with a day off in the week, plus it's term time. I might add at this point I support my sibling with complex needs who I need to attend lots of meetings for etc and I have a health condition where the hours of this job allow me to cope. I also get a lift to and from work so it keeps the cost down of transport.However, the role I am in is stifling, pressured and boring, almost a call centre where you are monitored constantly though I have excellent appraisals so I know I am performing well. So...the other job is FT but term time, no flexitime and is the same money (except I'd be working more hours). I don't know how I would manage my balance except hopefully this isn't as pressured, so I am unsure what to do....wwyd?

ShtoppenDerFloppen Sat 03-Sep-16 13:46:58

Personally, I would stay with the flexibility. It gives you time to concentrate on your needs and your sibling's. Frankly, it sounds as if you would lose if you accepted the other position, as you would be working more hours for the same pay.

My current job is flexible, as I have 2 DCs with complex needs, I don't think I would be able to work a standard 9-5.

What is the most appealing thing about the new position?

TaterTots Sat 03-Sep-16 13:58:14

I'd stay put. You don't know how stressful the new job might be. If it turned out to be a nightmare, you've lost the flexibility, haven't gained financially and are working more hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now