To insist stbx spends equal time with both dc...

(3 Posts)
notagainnellie Fri 02-Sep-16 22:28:34

...because throughout the summer he hasn't and it has pissed me off and upset ds2. He has taken ds1 to several cricket matches over the summer holidays and ds2 isn't interested so hasn't gone/been invited. These have involved overnight stays with ex for ds1 as the matches go one for bloody ever and finish late.

I have had ds2 sadly asking me when he would be seeing daddy several times and I ended up texting ex that he was really upsetting ds1, at which point ex took him for a day, but that still doesn't make up for the times he's seen ds1 without ds2. Ds2 is well aware - he's 7 and upset by it. The latest is that stbx has told me that his df wants to take ds1 to Lords for some final or other in September. I later asked ds1 who would be going, as sometimes other members of ex's family go, and ds2 said '"I'm going," and ds1 said "No you're not." Ds2's face just fell - it was quite heart breaking as I know he won't be going.

In some ways, I don't care if ex messes up his relationship with ds2, but I do really and hate to see ds upset. Moreover, the two boys aren't really getting on that well atm and this isn't helping. The cricket season will end soon, but it will start again next year and ds2 shows no signs whatsoever in being interested, so I think this will be an ongoing problem.

I want to insist stbx redresses the balance and that this doesn't happen next year, even if it means ds1 sees fewer matches (I can't really need ex to take both dc at once most of the time as I need the time to work.) AIBU?

OpheliaMoo Fri 02-Sep-16 22:46:15

No, I don't think you're being unreasonable, poor DS2.

His Dad should find something in common with his son, if not cricket, something else, not just forget he has more than one child!

DS1 will survive watching a few less matches so DS2 can be included too

Mummyme1987 Fri 02-Sep-16 22:48:45

That's shit. Ex needs to think of both kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now