To laugh at DH hoovering his phone?

(24 Posts)
Rrross1ges Fri 02-Sep-16 21:22:17

DH has just got the hoover out because the battery in his phone swelled, causing the case to crack. The crack let dust into the phone so he sellotaped it up. Now he's got a new battery but he doesn't want to put it in until he's dust busted. So he's vacuuming his phone. I'm laughing like a donkey, he's looking at me like I'm the one who has lost the plot.

It's him isn't it? Please?

swisschocolate Fri 02-Sep-16 21:25:33

Apple told me that hoovering the phone was a basic ongoing maintenance

Ok with a mini suction thing but hoovering none the less

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Fri 02-Sep-16 21:29:26

Now he has the Hoover out, he may as well do the rest of the house. It's only fair.

bobgoblin123 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:33:03

Oh this did make me laugh grin

Rrross1ges Fri 02-Sep-16 21:54:09

In my dreams Lostit He's just shown me his swollen battery. The phone has been hoovered and the cracked bits have been super glued. I'm still laughing, he's still looking at me like I'm the crazy one!

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:56:34

When I was a teenager my best friend's dad used to iron his money!!

Lizmay12 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:57:26

Thanks for making me laugh! I can just picture this in my head

Topseyt Fri 02-Sep-16 22:12:40

I thought my DH had list the plot a couple of years ago when he took the Dyson upstairs to hoover out his computer, which did subsequently bite the dust (pun intended). grin

He hasn't tried hoovering his phone yet though, and I don't think I will be suggesting the idea either. winkgrin

Topseyt Fri 02-Sep-16 22:17:10

Lost the plot, not list!!! Twatty auto-correct!

Rrross1ges Fri 02-Sep-16 22:30:48

Ironing money? Maybe we should introduce him to DH

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Fri 02-Sep-16 22:34:38

How very dare you! I hoover the walls in my downstairs bathroom. Nowt wrong with that. We live in a world full of dust and fluff grin

DailyFaily Fri 02-Sep-16 22:37:28

My FIL once hoovered their video recorder - it went about as well as you would expect

LordBuckley Sat 03-Sep-16 00:44:21

The battery swelled??

JellyPlum Sat 03-Sep-16 00:47:06

My ex used to vacuum the printer, I found that weird enough!

I've cracked the screen on my phone, never felt the urge to vacuum it!

SabineUndine Sat 03-Sep-16 04:02:45

Topseyt I vacuum my laptop. It's old and the fan jams. Vacuuming gets the gunge out. Much cheaper than paying someone to take it apart.

ohmywhatamisaying Sat 03-Sep-16 08:02:57

The battery swelled? You do know that there is a very real danger of it expliding/catching fire, right? It needs replacing now.

ForalltheSaints Sat 03-Sep-16 08:10:29

Brought a smile to my face. I use a lens cloth.

NatashaRomanov Sat 03-Sep-16 08:31:37

Why did the battery swell? And what phone was it??

My husband uses cans of compressed air to clean out his laptop. And the PS3.
I wouldn't dare go near them with the vac, but he is an IT guy and happy to take things apart when needed!

Theoretician Sat 03-Sep-16 09:23:41

I don't know why vacuuming phones is funny. I'm not sure what harm dust does, but it is normal to blast dust from larger computers using compressed air during maintenance, so cleaning the inside of computers is a fairly normal activity. Phones are just small computers.

(Thinking about it, I suppose dust causes overheating by blocking airflow in computers that have cooling fans, but that doesn't apply to phones. So maybe it's unnecessary to clean a phone, but that still doesn't make it funny.)

Rrross1ges Sat 03-Sep-16 11:29:50

So having hoovered his phone with the Miele on full power, replaced the battery and superglued the cracks it would appear that the phone no longer works! Coincidentally Apple are releasing a new phone soon hmm

In fairness he and a friend run a business writing apps for iPhone and Android so he really does need a phone that works and the business will buy it. But I'm very sceptical now.

ohmywhatamisaying Sat 03-Sep-16 11:56:08

pfft pfft is this thing on?

The battery is in danger of exploding and catching fire.

Rrross1ges Sat 03-Sep-16 11:58:00

It's a new battery. He's put in a new battery. The swollen battery is away. There's a new battery in his conveniently broken phone.

ohmywhatamisaying Sat 03-Sep-16 12:16:35

Hurrah! smile

Rrross1ges Sat 03-Sep-16 12:38:24

Phone still doesn't work though grin. He's a total flan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now