To think I can find juicer that's easy to use and clean?

(9 Posts)
loveyouradvice Fri 02-Sep-16 20:39:10

I'm trying to go mega-healthy this autumn and drink "green juices" every morning - yup, kale and other lovelies - and am longing to find an easy juicer which doesn't make me swear when I clean it.... nor costs the earth... up to £100 I think is fine but Im hoping less

PoohBearsHole Fri 02-Sep-16 20:46:04

We have a sage m.johnlewis.com/sage-by-heston-blumenthal-the-nutri-juicer-silver/p/489100one from JL got it on a special offer now £149, it's really good, beware of the cheaper ones as they can give you a grainy juice. I had a phillips www.tesco.com/direct/philips-viva-juicer-hr183251-400w-green/202-0704.prd?skuId=202-0704 which I exchanged for vouchers, hugely disappointed. Worth possibly paying a bit more for clearer juice, if you don't want a nutrition bullet smile

FarelyKnuts Fri 02-Sep-16 20:47:54

We have one called a Green Valu which is extremely easy to take apart and clean. Can't remember how much it cost though

PoohBearsHole Fri 02-Sep-16 20:53:33

None are that easy to clean but if you gets dishwasher proof one and you have a dishwasher then you are good to go!

SunnyBanker Fri 02-Sep-16 20:56:58

I have a nutribullet and can honestly say it's one of the best things i've ever bought.

You put your stuff in a cup and screw on the blade - then turn it upside down and just push it into the motor to blend.

When you wash it - you fill the cup with hot water and a tiny, tiny amount of washing up liquid, screw the blade on and whizz it up! The blending action cleans it for you and you just rinse the suds off the cup and blade under the tap.

The dc have a banana milkshake nearly every morning - I stick a whole banana in, a teaspoon of honey and top it up with milk - bloody delicious.

SunnyBanker Fri 02-Sep-16 20:59:17

It's a bit of a shit video, but this is how easy a nutribullet is to clean:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbSzBczcoP8

pollyblack Fri 02-Sep-16 21:01:36

Agree love my nutribullet, use it every day and piece of piss to clean. But... It's not a juicer, you get the whole fruit/veg, which is meant to be better.

loveyouradvice Fri 02-Sep-16 21:22:10

Yup - I have a nutribullet which I love as does DD (lots of fruit smoothies)... but not so great for the green juices... I've been using it but green sludge is less appetising and its a pfaff to strain it.... But at least Ive proved Ill keep drinking them if there's an easy way to make them!

loveyouradvice Fri 02-Sep-16 21:25:29

Looking at the Sage it does look rather desirable... quite pricey ... dreading the cleaning but like everything people have said about it....Any other recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now