Being blamed for something I haven't done and I am getting pissed off about it!

(4 Posts)
sealsandbeachballs Fri 02-Sep-16 18:13:31

Name changed as may out me.

I walk a dog every day and night, said dog is a certain breed and colour and there are not really any other dogs locally like her.

A few months ago I was stopped and threatened, verbally abused, screamed at etc in the street in front of my child for letting the dog poo in someones garden. Only I didn't! The dog is always on the lead, not allowed on gardens and I always pick up. This man would not accept that and was very abusive. I contacted the police who passed it on to the local team but with nothing to go on nothing was done.

Twice since I have heard people through the open window say things like, that's where that dirty bitch who lets her dog shit everywhere lives.

Only I don't

Fast forward to last week and I spot a lady who is similar height but that is about it with two dogs very like mine letting her dog poo in the park and walk off but I have never seen her before or since.
I then see them walk past our house one day but again never before or since.

I cannot say anything because I don't know it is her that caused the other incidents but I am sick of getting the blame and I am paranoid I am going to be reported and fined for something I have not done.

VioletBam Sat 03-Sep-16 02:26:19

If anyone ever says anything through your window again, immediately call through "I have you on video....I'm not the only owner of X breed and you'd be advised to NOT speak like that again"

I once had a woman grab me in the street accusing me of using her bin! People are weird.

JellyBelli Sat 03-Sep-16 02:30:18

Get the local Environmental Health involved - they can DNA test your dog and the poop.

JellyPlum Sat 03-Sep-16 02:57:56

I was once accused of shitting in somebody's wheelie bin. People are weird, ignore them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now