to just want to slob at home...

(14 Posts)
cjt110 Fri 02-Sep-16 13:14:02

DH is working this weekend. I usually go to my parents and spend both days with them. Partly due to my own anxiety issues and also, it helps with DS as they have a garden and we dont.

But for a change, I dont want to go out. I just want to slob at home with DS - him playing with his toys etc and me watching endless episodes of Scott and Bailey on Sky Catch up.

Because I always go, it's always assumed I will go. It will be no problem as my Mum is easy going but I'm also worried(?) that I'll get bored at home.... hmm

MLGs Fri 02-Sep-16 13:15:36

Stay at home.

Can't see any issue here. I think that this is your anxiety making you worry rather than any problem with the arrangements.

cjt110 Fri 02-Sep-16 13:18:24

Yep, I agree. I worry that we'll end up doing nothing or I'll be stuck for ideas with a very active toddler.

I just want to "have a day"

Spaghettidog Fri 02-Sep-16 13:18:26

Well, can't you see how it goes? If you've had your fill of being at home on Saturday, go to your parents' on Sunday?

cjt110 Fri 02-Sep-16 13:19:46

Good point Spaghettidog

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Fri 02-Sep-16 13:41:17

I think half and half is ideal. A chilling out day with the promise of fun the following day.

cjt110 Fri 02-Sep-16 13:55:38

Now, if only I can think of things to keep him occupied whilst I doss!

Lilaclily Fri 02-Sep-16 13:57:39

Would your parents have ds for you?

cjt110 Fri 02-Sep-16 14:02:04

They have him for 3 days in the week Lilaclily so I would feel bad asking - though they'd happily do it.

Dowser Fri 02-Sep-16 14:05:40

Why not go Saturday t time

cjt110 Fri 02-Sep-16 14:15:48

Dowser They have tea early - say 5pm, and I usually head home around that time as DH finishes work at 6.

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Fri 02-Sep-16 14:35:56

We love a slob day here! Some ideas to keep the little one busy!
We set up the toys into a big village - happyland, plastic animals, train set.
Colouring/junk modelling for when they get bored of that.
Picnic lunch and dinner (on paper plates if u want a true slob day!)
Bake cakes for pudding (tesco value sponge mix, add an egg and water then mix!) Super easy with a little ones. Or get digestives and icing pens smile
Build a fort with an airer and sheets - torch and cuddly teddies optional!

cjt110 Fri 02-Sep-16 15:21:44

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Thanks for the suggestions smile

Am thinking once DH has gone to work, a bath with bubbles and bubble machine. Then settle down to watch Mr Tumble for a little while whilst I read on my kindle. I might then let him "wash up" - splash away in the washing up bowl stood on his stool, soaking himself, me and the kitchen in the process. Dry off and clean up in time for dinner. Dinner. Nap - I should fit at least 1 episode of Scott and Bailey in - 2 if lucky. This takes me up to around 1.30.

Walk to local park. Have a play for an hour or so. Back home for a snack. 3pm. Settle down for some gigglebiz/appropriate tv... Takes me to 4pm.

See I got this nailed!

paxillin Fri 02-Sep-16 15:52:17

Yes, have a slob weekend. Do ask your parents if they'll want ds, they might be thrilled. (Mine are keener on my kids than on me. We do love each other, really, but they zoom right past me towards the kids.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now