6 weeks and still no refund (with the Booking website)!

(8 Posts)
wheresmymoney Fri 02-Sep-16 01:58:15

I booked a hotel room for £94 six weeks ago (July 19th) for a property on August 15th. On July 19th, I was charged £94 for the room. The next day, I was charged another £94 in error.

I didn't notice until 10 days later. I immediately e-mailed the hotel directly, no response. After another 7 days, I e-mailed the hotel again, again no response!

On my stay there, I told the receptionist this. He said he would get the manager to Callie. He never did.

Realizing I was getting nowhere, I contacted Booking.com (whom I booked through). They asked for a copy of the double-charge (on my statement), which I sent immediately. They said they would sort it out ASAP. This was last Monday and STILL no refund!

AIBU to be bloody fed up with this? angry

Dogsandbabies Fri 02-Sep-16 12:05:49

I had the exact same problem with them last year. Kept saying they would refund me and never did. I eventually had to claim it through my bank. Did you use a credit card?

PortiaFinis Fri 02-Sep-16 14:11:16

I've got the same problem. Asked to send bank statement - which I've done and nothing more. This has reminded me to get on their case again. Bloody annoying because all our other bookings with them were great.

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 02-Sep-16 14:14:06

Claim it through bank/card

wheresmymoney Fri 02-Sep-16 20:59:05

I paid through my normal bank account

They are now saying that they will allow me to claim a refund if I can produce a bank statement with my card number, Ccv number, etc, on it... Wtf! Where can I even get that?

How can I claim through my bank?

michy27 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:01:22

Phone your bank and they will put you through to a unauthorised payment team. They'll sort it for you.

wheresmymoney Fri 02-Sep-16 21:08:18

Fantastic Michy I'll try that tomorrow! smile

michy27 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:11:52

No problem, similar thing happened to me a while ago, and I just phoned Lloyds and it was all sorted in about 10 minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now