Neighbour and Bin Bags

(23 Posts)
witch000 Thu 01-Sep-16 17:15:53

I'm I being unfair to think neighbour should be putting his bin bags on his own driveway on bin collection day instead of mine ?

c3pu Thu 01-Sep-16 18:03:44

Unless there's more to it, then no he should not be putting his refuse on your property.

thecatsarecrazy Thu 01-Sep-16 18:06:53

I get the same problem. I never see her doing it but I know who it is from bin number. She puts her bin next to ours and next doors and blocks off our driveway. I have to move it every time

CalmYaTits Thu 01-Sep-16 18:07:36

Why would you think your being unreasonable?confused

witch000 Thu 01-Sep-16 18:33:18

I feel like I need to tell him to his face, but I don't want to come across as petty. Since we've moved here a year ago he took upon himself to take a concrete post to the skip only asking us when he had already put it in his car and because DH was getting in his car. Parked half his car on our drive so he could park his cars side by side (his drive is one behind another) and I caught him a few months back putting his rubbish on our drive and I threw it back on his which he clearly knew about as he moved it to the end of his driveway.

I've even moved our rubbish to the other side of our drive and he walked about 4 meters across our drive to get to it !

c3pu Thu 01-Sep-16 18:56:33

Perhaps you could ask say to him:

"I've notice that you put your bins on our driveway, why is that?"

And when he fails to give a satisfactory answer, reply with:

"I'd prefer it if you could keep your bins off of my driveway, please don't put them there any more."

witch000 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:13:20

Thank you c3pu that's a good way of putting it.

ClopySow Thu 01-Sep-16 19:16:33

Is there no barrier between your drives?

witch000 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:21:43

Nope no barrier.

Firsttimer82 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:23:47

Maybe he thinks he is making it easier for the bin men?

witch000 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:30:41

Well i did think that Firsttimer82 , but the bin men walk around each driveway ( cul de sac, we're at the top) and carries it down to the middle. So if he wanted to help he would need to take it down the road. I honestly can't think why he thinks it acceptable.

ClopySow Fri 02-Sep-16 06:15:04

Can you put up a barrier?

ClopySow Fri 02-Sep-16 06:16:12

What was the concrete post for?

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Fri 02-Sep-16 06:28:59

It's also a pain for the refuse collectors because they have to record every household that doesn't leave their rubbish out. So it just confuses things if people don't leave their refuse outside their own property.

YANBU. Your neighbour sounds like a real pain.

Thecatmademedoit Fri 02-Sep-16 06:40:37

I know I'm not adding help to this thread, though the situation would piss me off too! But usedtobe I'm intrigued to know about the refuse collectors making notes of who leaves their bins out, why is that ? I'm nosey

Trifleorbust Fri 02-Sep-16 06:43:12

I hate it when people do something so unreasonable that challenging it makes you look petty. There is no earthly reason why he should be putting his rubbish on your property without prior agreement, but you might feel odd saying this to him because it isn't really affecting you.

CatNip2 Fri 02-Sep-16 07:06:11

So if I am understanding right, you put bin bags out on collection day and he puts his with yours on your drive on the pretence it makes the bin men's lives easier but it is so he doesn't have any bags on his drive? And presumably doesn't get left with any aftermath to pick up such as loose rubbish? I would get up early and put yours in his drive first.

thecatsarecrazy Fri 02-Sep-16 07:41:05

I've just taken a picture out the window. Its ok now because next doors car isn't there so dh can swing car round but there are now 3 bins lined up behind our car. She lives round the corner ffs

MrsJoeyMaynard Fri 02-Sep-16 07:49:02

Also intrigued to know why the refuse collectors have to record each household that doesn't put rubbish out

This would annoy me too, OP.

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Fri 02-Sep-16 08:42:49

The reason they do it in our area (presume other authorities are the same) is that loads of people don't put their bins out by the 7am deadline, and then phone the council to complain that their bin wasn't collected. The Council can then check immediately via the bin lorry GPS when the lorry was there (because people swear blind that their bin was out by 7am) and whether the bin was there. So the call handler can respond "well, the bin lorry was at your property at 7.50am and there was no bin outside".

If the bin collectors have genuinely missed a bin collection then they have to go back to redo it. Our bin wasn't collected once and the refuse collectors hadn't logged it as not being there so they did come and do it the next day.

CombineBananaFister Fri 02-Sep-16 08:52:42

Was the concrete post a partial divider of your drives that stopped them sharing wink your drive??
YANBU if them adding to your rubbish pile makes access to your driveway difficult, he's just trying to make sure he isn't inconvenienced. I also thought maybe it was because it was easier for the bin men, but sounds like thats not the case.

Thecatmademedoit Fri 02-Sep-16 09:24:00

Ohhhh I see ! Thanks usedto , learn something new everyday !

witch000 Fri 02-Sep-16 16:29:11

The concrete post had nothing to do with the driveway it was led on our garden path , the gardener found it in a hedge we had took down out the front.

I did have to move the bin bags to get the car out, which is how I found out I had extra rubbish.

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan - That's interesting .He must be really annoying our dustbin men if they have to keep recording his rubbish missing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now