For going into the boy's locker room? (not as bad as it sounds)

(12 Posts)
BestBerkleyBee Thu 01-Sep-16 01:37:23

Recently, my son (7 years old) and his friends were in the locker room at the end of an indoor pool party. From outside I could hear that there was a lot of shouting and misbehavior going on in the shower and that my son was involved. So I stepped in and corrected them- nothing serious, typical 7/8 yr. boy shenanigans involving one boy snapping a towel at the others. I was afraid that someone would run, slip and hurt himself.

After I stepped out another mum took me aside and said that I shouldn't have entered, because a boy that age should only be seen naked by his own mother.

In my defense, the boys were not being supervised by anyone (there weren't even any dads there, only mums and kids) and none of them seemed particularly embarrassed that I stepped in for a second (I've known every boy in there since they were in diapers). In fact, they were apologizing to me for misbehaving. And, it's not like I was walking into a crowded locker filled with men of all ages, the pool was closed off to everyone that wasn't from the party.

AIBU?

AbbeyBartlet Thu 01-Sep-16 01:39:08

Another thread about going into a room for the opposite sex?

Wow, it's more common than I thought!

OneEpisode Thu 01-Sep-16 01:40:02

Ywnbu

BestBerkleyBee Thu 01-Sep-16 01:41:58

I did a search for threads like this before posting and I didn't find anything. Sorry if something similar has already been posted.

AbbeyBartlet Thu 01-Sep-16 01:48:05

Basically people get a little aerated and threads get derailed and can end up being deleted grin

Although this might be the exception

BestBerkleyBee Thu 01-Sep-16 02:07:40

I'm a little confused, but okay

AndDontCallMeShirley Thu 01-Sep-16 02:10:11

YANBU

You were acting as a responsible adult nothing more

DropYourSword Thu 01-Sep-16 02:11:47

It's been and gone. Don't do it again.

CafeCremeEtCroissant Thu 01-Sep-16 02:18:52

Do it whenever necessary.

They're SEVEN & were messing around.

No big deal

Tell the woman to MHOB & ask what she thinks happens on school swimming days?!

BestBerkleyBee Thu 01-Sep-16 02:46:35

Exactly Cafe.

BestBerkleyBee Thu 01-Sep-16 02:58:37

Whenever I bring my son to the pool without his friends, I take him with me into the women's locker room, and most women I know do the same with their sons. So if this woman's ever done that with her son, she's a hypocrite, because that means tons of ladies have seen him getting dressed. And guess what? He's perfectly fine.

DixieWishbone Thu 01-Sep-16 04:11:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now