"How are thing's up your end?"

(12 Posts)
Madeupforthis Wed 31-Aug-16 22:46:12

AIBU to piss myself with laughter whenever someone says this? And ask myself how can people actually say it without doing the same?!

TheNaze73 Wed 31-Aug-16 22:47:41

An involuntary reflex makes me say "Oi Oi" when I hear that grin

YANBU

Mummyshortlegz Wed 31-Aug-16 22:49:22

When a newsreader says "this contains flash photography" my internal monologue says "ooooooh get yoouuuuu! So fancy" every time.

Lorelei76 Wed 31-Aug-16 22:50:51

OMD
No one really says this without meaning the innuendo surely?

WorraLiberty Wed 31-Aug-16 22:56:48

It always makes me laugh on Facebook or in texts when someone says "What's up Worra?" with no sign of a comma anywhere grin

I normally reply, "A tampon. Why? What's up you?"

ImperialBlether Wed 31-Aug-16 23:00:13

I remember reading something on here - a poster called somethingcuntsomething was talking about a conversation with her mother. Her mother said, "Listen, cunt...."

I was feeling so sorry for the OP, thinking her mother was talking to her like that. In less than a minute I'd dreamed up her family background, her upbringing, etc. I started to type a sympathetic post and then I noticed her MN name.

Madeupforthis Wed 31-Aug-16 23:07:37

Mummyshortlegz, haha, that has done it for me now, I will never not think that!

I see it a surprising amount on social media. It seems genuinely earnest too and not one person makes a silly remark! I sooooo want to, though!

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Wed 31-Aug-16 23:09:52

I'm still reeling from Mary Berry saying "I'll eat some carpet" on GBBO this evening

Lorelei76 Wed 31-Aug-16 23:11:40

No she DIDNT!!
I don't watch it but good grief!

SanityClause Wed 31-Aug-16 23:12:34

Breakfast

shock

grin

EssentialHummus Wed 31-Aug-16 23:12:38

I'm still reeling from Mary Berry saying "I'll eat some carpet" on GBBO this evening

I thought I dreamt that! confused

TytoAlba Thu 01-Sep-16 01:41:39

Everything seems to be a double entendre now, I'm sure Mary Berry said that in all innocence. And no-one I know sniggers when they hear what the OP wrote. Ahem! Calling Pinnochio wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now