Should I change my plans for them?

(6 Posts)
iamapixiebutnotaniceone Wed 31-Aug-16 16:59:23

My parents made promises to my children before the holidays started to take them to the zoo and to the park etc. Last week of the holidays and they have not done anything with them (hardly seen them in fact) they popped over yesterday and my eldest called Grandma out on breaking promises. Today I am being bombarded with requests for when they can take them out 😡School starts again next Tuesday and we have plans for most days until then, AIBU to tell them to just stop making promises that they can't/won't keep or should I cancel our days out so they can have theirs? we have already stopped contact with their Aunty for letting them down so much.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 31-Aug-16 17:03:07

can you tell them the free days, what the kids would like to do and see what happens? Give them a chance but one that won't affect the children it it doesn't pan out. I wouldn't cancel anything!

SquinkiesRule Wed 31-Aug-16 17:07:27

If there are any free days between now and school, just tell them what they are, not your problem they were being lazy about making arraignments.
If they whine twll them "Poor planning on your part, doesn't constitute and emergency on mine."

Tinklewinkle Wed 31-Aug-16 17:11:04

If they are anything like my IL's, I wouldn't cancel anything and I wouldn't tell the kids much about it either until they actually arrive.

Let them know what days you have free and let them sort it out from there.

SilverDragonfly1 Wed 31-Aug-16 17:14:26

Do whatever you know is ultimately better for the children. And then set a rule of 'No mentioning outings to grandchildren until a firm date has been agreed with parents'!

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Wed 31-Aug-16 17:20:19

I've set that rule before! As sad a fact as it is my 6yo knows not to take her Grandparents at their word!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now