to add my ex on FB

(16 Posts)
SvalbardianPenguin Tue 30-Aug-16 09:47:07

We have children together, I've always blocked him on FB but I am wondering whether to send him a friend request as it'd make it easier to be in touch.

Yes or no? I can't make my mind up.

acasualobserver Tue 30-Aug-16 09:48:41

No.

CanandWill Tue 30-Aug-16 09:49:06

No

chitofftheshovel Tue 30-Aug-16 09:51:58

No.

Whatslovegottodo Tue 30-Aug-16 09:52:44

No unreasonable. But depends on how emotionally resiliant you are if he declines/ accepts and post things about his new life etc.
If you get on well and have both moved on happily then no reason not.

Pardonwhat Tue 30-Aug-16 09:53:17

No

NavyandWhite Tue 30-Aug-16 09:59:35

Why would you?

You have a phone/computer to keep in necessary contact I assume?

DoreenLethal Tue 30-Aug-16 10:00:05

No.

Temporaryanonymity Tue 30-Aug-16 10:01:33

No.

CRazzyyAce Tue 30-Aug-16 10:03:53

Why would you have him on social media what purpose would it serve? You don't share in each other lives anymore so theres no need to have him on your bf

Happydappy99 Tue 30-Aug-16 10:11:00

I have my ex on FB so we can both see pictures of the kids. This quite a recent thing though (we've been separated for 2 years) and to be honest I'm not sure if I'm going to block him again. I can cope with his stuff but seeing his new wife (she was the OW and was truly vile to me) commenting constantly is beginning to grate. Especially as I know he hasn't lived there for over a month after she threw him out.

Happydappy99 Tue 30-Aug-16 10:11:37

Oh and she's also claiming benefits as a single parent whilst expecting my ex to support her financially.......

Donthateprocreate Tue 30-Aug-16 11:08:10

Happydappy99 That must be awful, can't you just block the OW instead of your ex?

Arfarfanarf Tue 30-Aug-16 11:12:35

I wouldnt.
Why would it be easier to get in touch than email or text? What is different about fb messenger? Obviously you wouldnt communicate publicly on his wall about the kids because that would be totally inappropriate . So why fb messenger with the inevitable fb sharing of info that goes with it rather than texts/emails that serve the purpose?

TheNaze73 Tue 30-Aug-16 11:12:49

No

Cakeycakecake Tue 30-Aug-16 12:15:12

I'm wondering the same thing. But we are doing our best (having got past his need for a dna hmm and not giving me the right name hmm hmm to get along, and seem to be doing OK. But do I really want him knowing what's in my life (and who) and about what he gets up to whilst I'm tearing my hair out at 3.30 cause our tiny baby has woken my eldest and I can't settle either..

Nah. I think resentment would build. We are parents together not friends. As much as we get along, I don't need to see his nights out etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now