To piss myself at 25 and not even realise 😩 (Lighthearted?)

(29 Posts)
Lizmay12 Sun 28-Aug-16 22:22:58

I am new here by the way. Probably too much information!!

So today I took my two DDs ( 4 & 3) to one of those trampoline parks. It was SO much fun.

I'm slightly on the verge of being overweight grin and as soon as we got there we were all bouncing around like crazy. I was sweating like mad, as were we all.

Anyway, after around 60 minutes of jumping and running around, took DDs to the toilet and I noticed I was let's say... Slightly damp?? downstairs blush

I then realised I had pissed my pants. It must have been happening whilst I was jumping and I can NOT believe I was unaware that it was happening.
Also what in the world is happening to me! I have never had a weak bladder or anything and my youngest just turned three so surely things have strengthened downstairs confused

I am so embarrassed and confused and feel like a child.
Apologies if I should have posted somewhere else...

I suppose my BU part is that I was jumping around with pissy pants totally oblivious. Or maybe that I am 25 and can't control my pee ???

Myusernameismyusername Sun 28-Aug-16 22:24:32

I lost my control with 2nd baby - was awful - 25 and bloody incontient! I did those pelvic floors like mad but trampolines are a total no go for me since!

Zippidydoodah Sun 28-Aug-16 22:24:43

If you've had kids, which you have, it is possible!

Make sure you pee before you jump, and wear a sanitary towel next time! grin

Lizmay12 Sun 28-Aug-16 22:25:47

Googling pelvic floor techniques now....

QOD Sun 28-Aug-16 22:25:56

Always Wee immediately before trampolining

Rookie error

BarbaraofSeville Sun 28-Aug-16 22:28:18

I can't add anything helpful, but your post has reminded me of the time I saw 2 young women on a fairground ride where you got in a seat attached to long elastic bands, then they released the bands and the seat flew into the air and bounced around loads. When the seat came to rest, one of the women had pissed herself - you could see it all over her clothes, poor love.

I think in reality we all leak sometimes, even those of us who have never had children.

Myusernameismyusername Sun 28-Aug-16 22:28:18

They do help. I had to see an incontinence nurse and she made me do them. Years later I realise I have to sit a lot longer to make sure it's all out before I get up because it now comes out a bit delayed (not sure how to explain it!)

Champers4Pampers Sun 28-Aug-16 22:29:55

Yup, one of the joys of motherhood that they don't publicise.

CreepyPasta Sun 28-Aug-16 22:30:34

Sanitary towel or Tena lady next time. I found this out at a bbq in front of about 20 people after joining the kids on the trampoline. It looked like so much fun. I was wearing white linen trousers blush

MumiTravels Sun 28-Aug-16 22:32:04

I piseed myself on a trampoline as a teenager. I've since had a baby and have yet to go on one since.

Keep a few tena lady in just for trampolining.

HateSummer Sun 28-Aug-16 22:32:31

Snap! we went to Bounce the other day and luckily I was on my period, because I felt a little wee come out with every jump in the last 20 mins of jumping. My youngest is almost 3 too and I'm in relatively good shape...well I'm obviously not, but still, I was a little shocked by it tbh.

Lizmay12 Sun 28-Aug-16 22:32:51

It's so embarrassing!
Seriously though, it must be awful for anybody to experience incontinence and must be difficult to live with.

Lizmay12 Sun 28-Aug-16 22:34:01

White linen pants !!!

PatMustardsBigTool Sun 28-Aug-16 22:37:27

Yep for me it goes: Have pre-bounce pee. Bounce bounce...need a pee. Go for pee. Bounce bounce...FFS need again. Go again. And repeat until time to leave. And I'm always doing my kegels! Ruined.

Lizmay12 Sun 28-Aug-16 22:42:33

DDs really loved it and want to go back so thanks for the tips.
Tenas and pre bounce pee in preparation next time see how it goes. I feel old...

MoonriseKingdom Sun 28-Aug-16 22:50:37

If it's any consolation rates of stress incontinence during training for female competitive trampolinists is very high.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18224267/
These are young fit women who have not yet had children. Trampolining must put huge strain on your pelvic floor.

Lizmay12 Sun 28-Aug-16 22:53:02

That is reassuring,
thank you smile

grumpysquash3 Sun 28-Aug-16 22:55:15

OP, you have my sympathy.
I took my DC to the new AirSpace trampoline park, but they are older and didn't need me to go on with them, so I didn't.
There were a lot of mums in the coffee area. More dads were bouncing!
It looked fun though, I would quite like to try it, but not quite sure if I can manage it......

ishallconquerthat Sun 28-Aug-16 22:56:52

60 minutes in a trampoline after two vaginal births? I wouldn't do it without proper pads.

ishallconquerthat Sun 28-Aug-16 22:58:46

I've had 2 vaginal births, BTW. I'm a bit older than you (37) but I think the damage down there is probably similar to everyone.

LumpyMcBentface Sun 28-Aug-16 22:59:00

We have a trampoline. I have three DC. I have a three bounce limit for myself or the floodgates open.

Lizmay12 Sun 28-Aug-16 23:04:00

I suppose I've been lucky so far that I was totally unaware of this issue...

Three bounce limit that made me smile.

Ifionlyknewthenwhatiknownow3 Sun 28-Aug-16 23:08:08

Once had a bit of a training session involving star jumps. Every single one of us that had had children leaked. We'd a good laugh about it.

manicinsomniac Sun 28-Aug-16 23:08:17

Lumpy - 3 bounces, stop and then you can have another 3. Or 3 bounces then you have to get off? grin

Lizmay - me too. I've got 3 children and am so lucky not to have this issue as I'm a semi-pro dancer and teach extra curricular dance and gymnastics so it would be disastrous if I couldn't jump around and tumble without peeing!

Kalopsia77 Sun 28-Aug-16 23:08:26

I have to pre-wee and wear a towel before I deadlift at the gym. Sucks. My last baby was 10 and a half pounds. He is 12 now but I still secretly blame him grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now