Disrespectful to not share household chores

(9 Posts)
JaceLancs Sun 28-Aug-16 13:53:23

Can anyone share with me the link to something I read on here about how a DP not sharing chores and leaving things around for partner to clear up was disrespectful
I would like to show it to my DD who is having relationship issues because of this
It was really well written and struck s chord with me - not sure if it was part of s blog even
Thanks

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Sun 28-Aug-16 13:55:38

I don't think I saw it - if you post on the feminist chat the posters over their are hugely helpful.

Hood luck for your dd

MsMims Sun 28-Aug-16 13:59:22

This one?

Birdsgottafly Sun 28-Aug-16 14:20:41

My DD has nearly ended her relationship because of these issues.

She's moved out (back in with me). He's getting better, but she doesn't know if she can get past the feelings of her being disrespected, dismissed and being put in the default position as 'house keeper'.

It's not very sexy when the man you live with can't behave as an Adult and treat you as an equal.

Resentment kills everything, so she needs to get out sooner, rather than later.

SirKillalot Sun 28-Aug-16 14:23:02

Yes it's the dishes left by the sink one.

Foslady Sun 28-Aug-16 14:26:27

Thank you for this - I missed it first time round. Will keep to reread in moments when it's me who's felt a failure for having this kind of a relationship twice and why I'm correct in rather being lonely than in a third......

JaceLancs Sun 28-Aug-16 23:31:31

Thank you MsMims that's the one - I think he just doesn't get in not he doesn't care and that summed it up perfectly
I will send link to DD
Last time they had s major fall out over chores she had to threaten to come back and live with me
Result was he paid for a cleaner - but cleaners only clean not tidy and DD still feels she does the bigger share of the rest of stuff

JaceLancs Sun 28-Aug-16 23:32:35

It's why I live on my own too!
My DP has own home we see each other every weekend which works for us

Misselthwaite Mon 29-Aug-16 01:09:10

Get her and ideally him to read wifework. It should really help him understand how she feels. It also helped me argue properly without just being dismissed as 'nagging'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now