Aibu to ask for gift help

(13 Posts)
Onlyonce Fri 26-Aug-16 22:53:15

Dd is 3 one month before Christmas. Not really sure what to buy her for birthday or Christmas so looking for advice! She doesn't really get much during the year so would be interesting to know what things your DC have kept playing with longest as I want to get her something she will use for a while. I was thinking of a dolls pram but not sure if she is maybe too old? She has a stroller but her doll doesn't fit properly. Then thought dolls house but she isn't very delicate with her toys so maybe better waiting?

Lovewatchingrainfall Fri 26-Aug-16 23:00:21

I brought my DD a dressing up stand. It's lovely wooden and keeps her dressing up dresses all neat and tidy. Also things like wooden building blocks and animals she loves to build a zoo. A dolls pram but that hardly gets used. Bits from the happyland set from the ELC

MinonsMovie Fri 26-Aug-16 23:00:35

DD loved Duplo at that age - now a big Lego fan, but the Duplo still gets a good play with regularly.

nevereverever83 Fri 26-Aug-16 23:23:02

it's AUGUST.

DramaInPyjamas Fri 26-Aug-16 23:24:05

A tea set?

MinonsMovie Sat 27-Aug-16 11:21:31

Yes it's August which means next month we get the last decent discount toy sales before Christmas (Smyth's 20% off weekend, Argos 3 for 2 on all toys)

Op could you take her to the toy shop for a wee small treat and take notice of what sort of things catch her eye?

PresidentOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 27-Aug-16 11:24:23

(placemarking for DTDs also turning three just before xmas)

curlycat Sat 27-Aug-16 11:32:03

Surely 3 isnt too old for a dolls pram or am i just getting old!! Its been a while since my DD was that age but she wasn't really a girly girl. I'm sure the xmas she was 3/4 was when we startedd buying decent crafty stuff for her. Shecloved making things. That year she also got a microphone and a guitar.

Rainbowqueeen Sat 27-Aug-16 11:35:19

Tea set?

Dress up stuff

Dolls prams got lots of use in our house

Cocochoco Sat 27-Aug-16 11:44:26

Mine loved a proper doll's pram - it was played with years and years so id go for that.

Other amazing gifts were a wooden toy oven and play food, all manner of tea-sets, a wheelybug (ladybird or bee that you sit on - you will need the bigger size for a three-year-old), a baby doll from early learning centre, and a mini micro scooter. Oh and little fairies, or princesses from scleich or the early learning centre - plastic figures for imaginative play - or any of the Playmobil sets for the younger age group (the figures and buildings are one-piece with no small bits).

I miss buying toys for this age.

Jessbow Sat 27-Aug-16 12:41:23

Depending on your budget, a garden playhouse ( If you have a garden) either new or second hand. Will Last years

MiddleClassProblem Sat 27-Aug-16 12:48:42

I think toy tills start from 3 or maybe a kitchen. I'm so excited for DD to get to this age! I want to play with all the stuff!

TealGiraffe Sat 27-Aug-16 12:54:17

My best friend's 3 year old loves her pram and baby, she even has a little changing bag grin

She also loves dress up clothes, last xmas her mum made up a treasure chest, filled with some cheap costumes (wilko and asda i think), tiaras, wings, horrendously tacky beaded necklaces etc. She loves it!

Other faves include
Playdoh
Colouring / crafty stuff
Duplo
Aquadoodle
Pretend food (melissa and doug) that you can cut and put back together

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now