To ask your worst nightmare?

(59 Posts)
PirateFairy45 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:02:38

Just that really.

What is your worst nightmare?

Mine is my daughter being abducted/kidnapped.

Actually used to be extremely paranoid about it happening till I had to have a course of CBT, but it's still a constant worry!

WillWorkForMoney Wed 24-Aug-16 21:08:17

After my dc dying, it's me dying. Not for my sake, but because their dad is pretty useless and we have no family, so it'll just be him and the dc. They would never go anywhere, do anything fun. They'd not have the same opportunities I could help them get. I actually hope if I die, he dies too so they go into foster care, as they'd be better off. And yes, I realise how bad that sounds sad

WhooooAmI24601 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:10:04

Losing the DCs. Either in the lost-child sort of way or in the illness/death way. I rarely remember dreams and never lie awake worrying but recently watched a film about children being abducted and didn't sleep for a couple of nights because it awakened all my worst fears which I wasn't even especially aware of.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 24-Aug-16 21:12:47

Anything happening to my dd. I guess every parent has that terror.
I still often go in and check she's breathing in the night.

desperate16 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:13:48

Losing my mum or my sister sad

I'd be all alone in the world without either of them , think I would just join them.

Julius02 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:17:10

Being homeless. Everything I have achieved in my life has been related to keeping a roof over my head as my parents died many years ago and I have no other family so nowhere to go. I've paid off most of my mortgage; every year most of my bonus would be put towards it, and although I'm now in a job where I earn very little I feel relatively safe.

Julius02 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:17:36

Being homeless. Everything I have achieved in my life has been related to keeping a roof over my head as my parents died many years ago and I have no other family so nowhere to go. I've paid off most of my mortgage; every year most of my bonus would be put towards it, and although I'm now in a job where I earn very little I feel relatively safe.

echelon Wed 24-Aug-16 21:17:40

Losing my DH
Losing my sister
Being diagnosed with some terrible debilitating disease I guess.

Julius02 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:18:21

Sorry for the double post...

twinkletoedelephant Wed 24-Aug-16 21:18:57

Penguins....

With hard hats and clipboards... judgey slippery little bastards

AlpacaPicnic Wed 24-Aug-16 21:20:14

Ooh, I had a silly answer lined up but it's not going to be that kind of thread.

Honestly... It has to be suffering dementia for me. I don't want to go through that or have to care for either of my parents going through that. It's a horrible wicked illness.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 24-Aug-16 21:22:11

The thought of being trapped in a vulnerable situation eg a burning car.
Being buried or cremated alive

PirateFairy45 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:37:30

Loads of people are afraid of death but I think I follow in my Nan's footsteps regarding that. I'm not afraid of dying.

I even have life insurance set out, my will and funeral arrangements (as my DH would be useless planning a funeral!).

Other than fears about my daughter, loosing my mum is the next one, we are really close and she's my best friend - we can talk about anything.

ABloodyDifficultWoman Wed 24-Aug-16 21:39:43

Penguins....

With hard hats and clipboards... judgey slippery little bastards

Sorry but - grin grin grin

cherryplumbanana Wed 24-Aug-16 21:41:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Clawdy Wed 24-Aug-16 22:06:40

Firstly, death of one of the DC. Secondly, developing dementia or Alzhheimer 's.

Julius02 Wed 24-Aug-16 22:18:53

On a lighter note..... Developing an allergy to wine!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 24-Aug-16 22:21:33

I'm not so much afraid of death. It's how I go that worries me.

TheSecondOfHerName Wed 24-Aug-16 22:23:25

Being separated from my children when civilisation falls, and due to the demise of the transport and phone networks I won't be able to reach them or contact them.

RavioliOnToast Wed 24-Aug-16 22:32:06

Anything happening to either DC. Anything at all, losing them to kidnap, death any of it. I'd drive myself insane and go to the ends of the earth to try and get them back.

For me personally, would be trapped in a burning building/car. I'm really nervous of fire in everyday life.

DementedUnicorn Wed 24-Aug-16 22:41:04

Me on DW getting dementia. I am absolutely terrified of it and think about it way more than I should.

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Wed 24-Aug-16 22:49:43

DH dying. I can barely type that without bursting into hysterical tears (and he's not ill or likely to die any time soon!)

Katedotness1963 Wed 24-Aug-16 23:03:10

Obviously, something happening to the kids.
Housefire.
Being buried/cremated alive.

Haudyerwheesht Wed 24-Aug-16 23:03:28

The fall of society as we know it .

Babyroobs Wed 24-Aug-16 23:08:06

I'm quite claustrophobic so any situation where I would be trapped and unable to move in a confined space. I have been watching the coverage of the Itlian earthquake this evening and it just makes me feel sick, those poor people/ children/ animals trapped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now