To think Corbyn has been exposed as a liar

(356 Posts)
JonathanDunn Tue 23-Aug-16 20:52:47

He lied about the train. Aibu to think this is a show of character

ateapotandacake Tue 23-Aug-16 20:54:52

YABU. Have you not seen the statement from other people on the train?
www.independent.co.uk/news/passengers-dispute-virgin-trains-version-of-jeremy-corbyn-sitting-on-floor-video-a7205631.html

Scrowy Tue 23-Aug-16 21:02:23

I've seen fairly convincing reasoning that what happened was initially there were no seats in standard, so he sat on the floor with others who also couldn't get a seat. Then seats became available so he sat in them, as did others.

What's he lying about?

JonathanDunn Tue 23-Aug-16 21:03:33

He didn't say that though.

Scrowy Tue 23-Aug-16 21:03:37

And I say that as someone who has no views one way or another on the man himself

Egosumquisum Tue 23-Aug-16 21:06:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mantlepiece Tue 23-Aug-16 21:09:05

There's a smear everyday. Always disproved, but they keep 'em coming!

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Vote Jezz!

Egosumquisum Tue 23-Aug-16 21:09:09

ThoraGruntwhistle Tue 23-Aug-16 21:10:42

All the revolting things politicians have done, and continue to do wrong, and people try to pounce on some nonsense about seats on a train. Which turns out to have been spun to make him look bad anyway.

Egosumquisum Tue 23-Aug-16 21:12:35

tofutti Tue 23-Aug-16 21:12:44

@Jonathan

He didn't say what?

UnderCrackers5 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:13:56

The labour party will be the ones short of seats after the next election

JassyRadlett Tue 23-Aug-16 21:14:17

But any train I've ever been on, reserved seats are fine to sit in, often they're for a different portion of the journey or are a no show. As long as you move when challenged, then it's fine. Are there different rules on some train lines?

He wasn't really truthful up front, was he? He didn't sit in the corridor saying 'there are no unreserved seats, what a farce, lots of empty seats but we've been stopped from sitting in any of them'.

He made it about overcrowding.

ThoraGruntwhistle Tue 23-Aug-16 21:14:18

I thought it was called confirmation bias but I agree.

BreakWindandFire Tue 23-Aug-16 21:14:49

That picture of him that Virgin released walking past empty seats? They are all clearly reserved - you can see the cards!

WatchMeSoar Tue 23-Aug-16 21:15:33

No he hasn't.

molyholy Tue 23-Aug-16 21:15:38

So true Thora. In fact I've been waiting for this thread. People are desperate for him to fuck up, so are clinging on to any shred they can, which may try and prove he isn't honest, or is a hypocrite in some kind of way. When will people realise JC is what he says on the tin. No hidden agendas. And that is why hundreds of thousands of people have joined the labour party. Because we can see someone genuine in politics for once. Its so rare. It makes people uneasy.

Ladymayormaynot Tue 23-Aug-16 21:15:51

Who's screwed the country? Jeremy Corbyn or David Cameron? Cameron gambled on the equivalent of a rich man's bet. Interest rates slashed again , the euro practically at an all time lowagainst the £, trillions shaved off shares & austerity out the window & he is the country's darling . As ever, it is all JC's fault.

Egosumquisum Tue 23-Aug-16 21:17:22

KittyKrap Tue 23-Aug-16 21:18:49

I'm not a fan of Corbyn, or any other politician but I did make a 2.5 hour train journey last week. Didn't book seats but paid for tickets...no seats. At £130 to stand for two and a half hours did seem excessive. Train wankers.

Ladymayormaynot Tue 23-Aug-16 21:21:02

& of course let's not forget the immigrants & the unemployed, their to blame as well.

JudyCoolibar Tue 23-Aug-16 21:23:18

Dear me, who am I going to believe here - a big company with a reputation to defend, or a load of independent passengers with no personal stake?

Pettywoman Tue 23-Aug-16 21:24:16

Fuck, what an awful man, he sat on the floor of a train, then moved to a seat. Just like that other bastard that ate a bacon sandwich.

Ffs!

Iloveowls2 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:25:57

I'm not sure what it is about the man he makes me go cold everytime a see him. My spidery senses say don't trust him regardless of what the press say

JassyRadlett Tue 23-Aug-16 21:27:12

Who's screwed the country? Jeremy Corbyn or David Cameron?

Why is it a binary?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now