To feel such overwhelming sadness

(4 Posts)
Restingbuttface Tue 23-Aug-16 11:05:51

Dear Fellow Mums (and Dads if they are on this forum)!!

I am feeling slightly overwhelmed with sadness at the moment. In a nutshell I am separating from my husband of many years. I am doing my best to look after our DC, without any support from him. I have not asked him for financial support, only ask him to meet his minimal responsibilities towards DC. All communication to him about this (and anything else, unless it suits him) is met with stony silence - nothing, nada!

I realise now that his silence makes me very angry.

On the outside, it looks like I am coping, but on the inside these feelings of sadness and anger are swirling around within me. The sadness makes me feel ill all the time. I know I should pull myself together and get on with life but will I ever get over this?

There is a lot more to what I have written, but for obvious reasons I don't want to put it all down (all my friends are Mumsnetters)!!

Am I really being that unreasonable to harbour such sad and angry feelings?

olives106 Tue 23-Aug-16 11:18:51

YADNBU. What you are feeling is what you are feeling. Look after yourself like you'd look after a good friend who was going through such a tough time. Take time out and just rest or cry if you need to. Try to connect to others who can give you a hug and some support in whatever way you need.

It will pass eventually, but that certainly doesn't mean it's unreasonable for you to be feeling what you are right now.

FeedMeAndTellMeImPretty Tue 23-Aug-16 12:06:27

It's inevitable that you will feel sad at the end of your marriage, whatever the reasons. But know that things will get better. Your DCs will be fine and will cope with the changes as long as they are not put in the middle and expected to choose between you.

Why are you not taking the money to which you are entitled? If you don't want to ask him directly go through CMS and get it done officially. This is not money for you, it's for your DCs.

There are lots of us on the other side of this situation who are now living a happy and fulfilling life. But it's not so long ago (well, 4.5 years!) that I was in your position, having to go out for a drive to sit and sob in the car so the DCs didn't hear. It will get better flowers

allnewredfairy Tue 23-Aug-16 13:27:50

It's OK to feel sad and angry. It's a bit like working through a cycle if emotions and you will move frim one through to another. Let it happen. You will end up at a point where it doesn't really get to you and that's a great release.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now