To not want to play taxi any more

(5 Posts)
WellingtonBoots5 Mon 22-Aug-16 23:05:03

My DH is almost 30 and has been in the same job for 8 years. It is not accessible easily by public transport and he doesn't drive (is finally learning despite loads of chances in the past and he takes his test next month). His dad works at the same place and lives round the corner so he gets a lift when they're on the same shift and until I got a car just over a year ago he had to rely almost entirely on his parents or generous colleagues to get him there and back. It's been a pain in the ass and meant that our almost 3 y/o can't get into a routine and sleeps terribly because we have to be up at 6.30am some mornings to take him in and leave the house at 8.30pm to bring him home. Now I'm 36 weeks pregnant with baby 2 and really suffering with bruised and swollen ribs which are incredibly uncomfortable in driving position and BHs are getting stronger and can be quite distracting. I was fighting back tears taking him in today because of the pain. Despite this he has made no attempt to sort out transport for the rest of the week and hasn't even told his parents that I'm not doing well. Im almost at the point where I might not turn up one day just to see what happens...

Yorkieheaven Mon 22-Aug-16 23:09:45

Taxi?

Birdsgottafly Mon 22-Aug-16 23:13:26

That's ridiculous, if it's too far to ride a bike to, then either he should have learned to drive, or ride a moped.

Your not going to be able to do this, when you have the two children, so just ask him what he plans to do, because in a few days, the lifts need to stop.

HeddaGarbled Mon 22-Aug-16 23:19:01

Just tell him. Don't fight back tears. No medals for martyrs.

TheABC Mon 22-Aug-16 23:19:43

Out of interest, what will happen when you go into labour? Who will drive you to the hospital? What happens if you have a c - section: no driving for six weeks! Your DH has to sort this out - even in the best case scenario, you don't want to be chauffeuring him about with a newborn.

Be blunt. Tell him you don't feel safe driving him any more and he needs to make alternative arrangements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now