to think they could've told me before switching the water off?!

(7 Posts)
VelvetSpoon Mon 22-Aug-16 14:08:45

The water co are here repairing a leak. It's taken 4 months to get to this point which is a whole other frustrating story.

So they've dug several holes to find the source of the leak, and pissed off about 2 hours ago (and haven't been back since). Meanwhile my water is off and has been since before 11am. Only found out when I went to loo and couldn't wash my hands. So now we have no water to drink, can't wash up, use washing machine, use the loo or wash our hands. And not only did they not tell me they were switching it off, there's now no one here to ask when it's coming back on!

melibu84 Mon 22-Aug-16 14:12:42

They should have told you, and you can't be sure they're coming back! I think you should call the water company and complain.

VelvetSpoon Mon 22-Aug-16 14:27:26

I've already made so many complaints about this even the CCW are involved blush.

I'll give them another half hour in case they're on a long lunch and do come back. It's so annoying, have been doing housework today and am hot and sweaty but can't have a shower or even a wash, great!

VelvetSpoon Mon 22-Aug-16 21:31:18

Water went back on around 4.30pm finally. No apology for not telling me, even though I heard them creeping round my neighbour telling her they were sorry for the inconvenience! Ffs.

Oh, and then telling me a) that the leak was under my house so I'll have to pay it myself and then (when it became clear they actually don't know where the leak is yet)
b) they need to check under the decking in my garden but I need to lift it all up myself as they can't due to Health and Safety!!!

Oh and one of them helpfully piping up 'ph all your decking's rotten and needs replacing' angry

I went indoors at this point and had a good cry. Is it too fucking much to expect to be told the truth and not spoken to like shit?!

WhataMistakeaToMakea Mon 22-Aug-16 22:18:04

I thought if they didn't warn you and it was off for a certain amount of time you can claim compensation? Might have seen that my on the Martin Lewis money website or made that up!

VelvetSpoon Mon 22-Aug-16 23:22:49

Yes I think they are meant to give me £20 or so for not notifying me but tbh it doesn't make up for the inconvenience or any of the other stuff. Apologising to my neighbour and not even telling me was the final straw tbh. Why is she worth more consideration than me?!

VeryBitchyRestingFace Tue 23-Aug-16 01:11:04

Why is she worth more consideration than me?!

Do they know you complained about them? They could just be being spiteful.

Apologising to the neighbour and not you, and the stuff about telling you you were responsible for the repair bill, does sound very NER NER NER NER NER NER.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now