Don't know where my anger and bitterness will go?

(5 Posts)
mummyoutoflondon04 Sun 21-Aug-16 17:36:27

My DH has been totally betrayed at work and has in effect lost his job. His close colleague put the boot in and now we have no income or believe it or not any savings as we had sunk it all into the business. We will have to find jobs and my family has lent us some cash to get by with short-term. What I am worried about is where all my anger and bitterness can go and/or be directed? It is almost like a bereavement. I was working for the business, too and had put a load of time and effort into building it up. I feel betrayed and heart-broken but also very bitter and angry.

whateveryousay Sun 21-Aug-16 18:21:26

Feel the energy that the anger is giving you, and then use that energy to improving your situation, eg looking for a better job. Internalised anger will make you ill, and you can do without that right now, I'm sure 💐

mrsfuzzy Sun 21-Aug-16 18:24:00

difficult to say what you could do , hoping someone will be able to help. it will be hard and you will need to get all the benefits you are entitled to, is it possible he could speak to his manager at work and perhaps sort something out ? why was the boot put in ? constructive dismissal ? talk to c.a.b ? sorry i'm rambling for ideas...

topcat2014 Sun 21-Aug-16 18:28:19

Is this a business you were partners or shareholders in? In which case, you can't just be pushed out - surely?

Even if you no longer work there - they cannot simply keep your money. You either have shares which they should probably buy back, or a partnership loan which needs to be repaid on leaving the partnership.

justilou Sun 21-Aug-16 18:33:43

Seek legal representation. He could be liable for some or all of the money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now