Would you drink it?

(9 Posts)
whatmoredoyouwantfromme Sun 21-Aug-16 13:51:28

Moving into new flatshare with friends, and LL has kindly left us a bottle of wine to share. Two are moving in first, I'm moving in a couple of days later then the last a week after me. If you were them, would you drink the wine or save it?! it is my fave wine and I want some! grin

ImperialBlether Sun 21-Aug-16 13:52:22

Tbh, one bottle of wine between four of you isn't really enough to get excited about, is it?

whatmoredoyouwantfromme Sun 21-Aug-16 13:53:58

No, you're right! But would be nice to save it for a symbolic toasting, it's fancy wine!!

whatmoredoyouwantfromme Sun 21-Aug-16 13:54:20

Champagne - I want a glass at least!!

ImperialBlether Sun 21-Aug-16 13:56:31

I think it should be drunk when all four of you are there - that's the only fair thing. Make sure you remind those who are getting there first!

whatmoredoyouwantfromme Sun 21-Aug-16 13:58:40

Really? Should I say something (not sure if it's petty)... Was thinking of saying I'll bring a bottle of wine for us when I move in so we can save the other wine for when last flatmate moves?

ImperialBlether Sun 21-Aug-16 14:02:37

Just say, "Oh the landlord's leaving us champagne - let's wait until Flatmate 4 arrives before we have it."

Amelie10 Sun 21-Aug-16 14:06:51

It would be nice to wait for all of you to move in and open it. Yanbu.

Is say something along the lines of 'oh how lovely! We should open that the night X moves in and toast to a happy house share'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now