Argh YOUNIQUE

(10 Posts)
yoowhoo Sun 21-Aug-16 09:38:01

Anyone else have peopke selling this stuff on their fb and get annoyed ?! I'm getting fed up now. Especially the making parents feel guilty for working. Because if you join their team you can be there for your babes right... (and working parents can't? !)
sorry just needed a rant. And before anyone says .. I do not want to delete these people, I need them on my fb because of family logistics but have left the group several times and keep getting added back

HuckleberryQuinn Sun 21-Aug-16 09:40:17

It's like a cult.

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Sun 21-Aug-16 09:41:41

If you use a computer/laptop to leave the group rather than smartphone/app there's a box to check to 'prevent memebers from re-adding you'.

Cocklodger Sun 21-Aug-16 09:42:12

Go to their profile and click 'unfollow' they'll still be friends but you won't have to put up with endless posts every 3 minutes.
but YANBU at all.
Most of them are there for their 'babies'' because they work lots of hours and make a minimal amount (Not via choice generally thats just how it works when you sell the same shite everyone else does ) and either a partner/family member supports them or working tax credits do.

Olympiathequeen Sun 21-Aug-16 09:43:27

You can prevent people adding you to a group. Need to tick something when you leave.

yoowhoo Sun 21-Aug-16 09:46:35

Thank you for that tip! Will definitely be leaving the group through a computer. Exactly, there are only so many foundations they can sell. And I saw someone (not my friend but must have been tagged on their group or something ) who had a horrendous foundation line. All the younique girls were saying how gorgeous she looked. Of course she looked gorgeous, I'm not arguing with that. But if you're promoting make up you should at least wear it properly.

IveGotCheese Sun 21-Aug-16 09:47:06

I hate them all! Younique, Jamberry, It Works, Juice Plus... fuck off. I have hidden everyone from my newsfeed who does this crap.

I'd rather go out and work at a proper job with a stable income (and not be there for my child) and not have to harrass people into buying absolute shite.

justilou Sun 21-Aug-16 20:45:17

I swear if I get invited to a dinner party or a lunch date and someone's going to try and guilt trip me into buying something I don't want or need, I'm going off my brain!!! I'm tired of fb being full of this, go fund me's, and other guilt-trips asking for money. SOOOO OVER IT!

nervousnelly33 Sun 21-Aug-16 22:58:51

I've got a friend who sells this - she has a full time job as well as the selling rubbish but makes out on facebook like she doesn't. She's also posting lots of 'inspirational' quotes about living your dreams.

FasterThanASnakeAndAMongoose Sun 21-Aug-16 23:51:13

Oh YANBU. It is indeed like a cult

I read an interesting article about these mlm scams recently. To actually be really successful at it people have to work crazy hours, and are therefore less likely than me to be there for their kids (proper job). They might physically be in the house but they'll be constantly online harassing their diminishing circle of friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now