To be completely lost when it comes to comic books

(7 Posts)
RubbleBubble00 Sun 21-Aug-16 00:47:14

Eldest ds nearly 8. I would love to start getting him age appropriate super hero comics - he's liking the flash tv series and some of dc/marvel cartoons. However I'm at a loss, no idea how to get a subscription, which versions age appropriate etc. I've given up looking twice now as so confused

VerticalCheese Sun 21-Aug-16 01:42:33

Can you say what area of the country you are in so I can see what your local comic shop is? They will be the most helpful for you although I am happy to recommend some things if you prefer? (OH and I own a comic business)

VioletBam Sun 21-Aug-16 01:43:07

Go to WHSmiths and look at actual comics. There should be loads there...it's easier.

hazeimcgee Sun 21-Aug-16 01:46:32

Walk into a proper comic book shop and ask their advice. If not the shop assistant then one of the geeky guys in there. My DH has given comic advice a few times in the mocal bookshop hehe

EdmundSlackbladder Sun 21-Aug-16 08:22:14

DS is five and has recently gotten into DCs Teeny Titans comics. They include a lot of the DC characters, are funny but have little if any threat or violence. Have a look on Amazon for age appropriate comics, or better yet go to a comic store and ask the staff their for advice. I have a couple of comic book fanatic friends who steered me in the right direction. If your DS wants something a little more action led then look at the Teen Titans comics or Young Justice - also DC.
Hope that helps.

EdmundSlackbladder Sun 21-Aug-16 08:26:38

Sorry OP it's Tiny Titans not teeny.

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1401220789

Thefitfatty Sun 21-Aug-16 08:31:01

You can try some of the older collected editions? Spiderman, X men, Batman, etc from the 80's/90's is pretty tame stuff (it's a bit darker now). But generally, ask for some advice at a comic shop.

Marvel does have an app that you can put on a pad and buy new issues as they come out, as well as older issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now