To think DH is being s bit of a childish dick

(67 Posts)
ForFiveMinutes Sat 20-Aug-16 13:34:43

Out for the day at a local tourist attraction with some family members, slight disagreement over parking space. While I might have told him to fuck off, I think throwing car keys at me and stomping off and getting a train home is possibly a slight over reaction??? I often wonder how many times more I can put up with this type of behaviour......

TheRealAdaLovelace Sat 20-Aug-16 13:36:08

you told him to fuck off and he took you at your word....
What did you expect?

ImperialBlether Sat 20-Aug-16 13:36:55

I would have driven off without you if you'd told me to fuck off. Count yourself lucky you got the car.

What was the initial argument about?

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 20-Aug-16 13:37:39

Oh dear.

What was the parking disagreement?

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Sat 20-Aug-16 13:38:10

Sounds like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other to me.

You both need to apologise.

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Sat 20-Aug-16 13:38:18

Don't think you behaved very well to be honest. I think I'd walk away too if my dp told me to fuck off.

SaucyJack Sat 20-Aug-16 13:38:28

Poor you Hun.

ForFiveMinutes Sat 20-Aug-16 13:38:42

I calmly suggested he might not want to park too close to the car next to us. To add some context he had also called me several names and told me to shut up before I told him to fuck off.

MrsMargeSimpson Sat 20-Aug-16 13:39:38

Both childish dicks, what a lovely example in front of children.
Your family members must have been dying of embarrassment.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sat 20-Aug-16 13:39:46

While I might have told him to fuck off, I think throwing car keys at me and stomping off and getting a train home is possibly a slight over reaction???

You told him to fuck off, he did.

I often wonder how many times more I can put up with this type of behaviour......

It sounds like he's feeling very similarly.

ButtMuncher Sat 20-Aug-16 13:39:57

Unless you were being playful, I'd probably be fucked off enough to walk away. I wouldn't have got the train gone as you said it was a family day out.

I sincerely hope it wasn't around children or relatives blush you both sound a bit childish, tbh.

TheRealAdaLovelace Sat 20-Aug-16 13:40:14

Maybe you should get a divorce. It doesn't sound as though you like each other at all.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sat 20-Aug-16 13:41:10

Cross-posts, but back seat driving is the worst. If you trust him to drive the car, don't advise him on how to do it. If you don't, drive it yourself.

To be honest, you both sound thoroughly done with this. It's wholly unpleasant from all sides.

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Sat 20-Aug-16 13:41:13

This sounds just like my parents when I was growing up. Horrible memories.

ForFiveMinutes Sat 20-Aug-16 13:41:28

No kids with us and it was a fuck off through gritted teeth.

MrsMargeSimpson Sat 20-Aug-16 13:42:24

Oh well, if your teeth were gritted it's immediately acceptable hmm

TheGruffaloMother Sat 20-Aug-16 13:42:42

Was this in front of the kids?? It doesn't sound like either of you really has the moral high ground here.

VoldysGoneMouldy Sat 20-Aug-16 13:43:16

Depends on whether you tell each other to fuck off regularly or not I suppose... That said if someone had called me a series of names and told me to shut up, I'd have probably told them to fuck off as well. Storming off to get the train home is just ridiculous.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 20-Aug-16 13:44:15

You told him to fuck off - he fucked off

TheStoic Sat 20-Aug-16 13:45:24

If a 'loved one' told me to Fuck Off, I would. And I probably wouldn't come back.

WorraLiberty Sat 20-Aug-16 13:47:55

So not only were you telling him how to park, but you told him to fuck off too?

I think I would have done the same as him tbh.

TheNaze73 Sat 20-Aug-16 13:50:13

I'd have done exactly the same as your DH, after that verbal abuse & you trying to control him

toadgirl Sat 20-Aug-16 13:51:27

Sounds like you both let things get out of hand and haven't got a good way of communicating with each other. If you two love each other, how about you have a calm chat later on and seek counselling so that you interact in a better way? All is not lost.

AyeAmarok Sat 20-Aug-16 13:53:07

I think he's been remarkably compliant.

ZippyNeedsFeeding Sat 20-Aug-16 13:53:12

I have a cousin who was in the army and he annoyed an officer, who said "Oh do fuck off, Smithers". Cousin did. Back to Wales, to his mam's house! (Incident happened in Germany). Oddly, he is no longer in the army!

OP, can you drive? Or has he left you with no way to get home?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now