Selling school uniform

(7 Posts)
DancingSeagulls Fri 19-Aug-16 20:59:58

I have outgrown primary uniform in very good condition but don't know anyone locally to pass it on to - it would be suitable for 3 local schools. There isn't a second hand uniform shop at school.
AIBU to attempt to sell it on local selling site? Never seen anyone else do this and wonder if this would be generally frowned upon...

SpinMill Fri 19-Aug-16 21:02:30

What makes you think it would be frowned upon? I've seen plenty up for sale in local Facebook selling pages, I'd go for it.

Minisoksmakehardwork Fri 19-Aug-16 21:06:27

I don't think it would be frowned upon, but some people might balk at the idea of being seen to be buying second hand uniform quite so publicly. Personally I couldn't give two hoots as the logo stuff is so damned expensive. Certainly round here most of the parents offer up their outgrown logo uniform on FB. Some donate it to the school pta for sale to raise funds, but if you've not come across that route yet it possibly isn't there. Plus they take the proceeds themselves obviously so you wouldn't get anything back.

I would post it, and you could always add for people to please PM you about it if they wish, therefore offering discretion.

DancingSeagulls Fri 19-Aug-16 21:24:34

Thanks - good idea about the PM.
I suppose someone has to do it first - may as well be me! If I don't get on with it I'll be stuck with it for another year...

Completelyfinanciallyscrewed Fri 19-Aug-16 21:58:45

Def do it before they change the bastarding thing! We've been caught out with that at our school.

Muddlingalongalone Fri 19-Aug-16 22:00:30

Loads of school uniform on my local fb selling sites, logoed & plain supermarket dresses etc

DancingSeagulls Fri 19-Aug-16 23:04:18

Well if I'm the first of many that's good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now