To want to have that "Friday feeling"

(6 Posts)
AvengeTheDoc Fri 19-Aug-16 19:22:08

I suffer from anxiety and depression that I can't work or leave the house that much. It's made me mostly antisocial because even before I wasn't great at communicating.

It's been years, and days are just rolling into one I didn't even consider it was Friday today. The weekend to me at the moment means a big brother eviction and that football is on tomorrow ( and now tonight). Recently I had my first night out in 2 years and my friend moved close to me again and I went there at their insistence, after it died down and I feel perhaps I wasn't what they were expecting (it's been years) as I haven't heard anything since.

I just miss being excited about the weekend, like I can let loose and relax. And really embrace it as I know by the end of the weekend I'll be busy again.

And writing this I know sounds pathetic... I'm complaining because I have too much free time

JontyDoggle37 Fri 19-Aug-16 19:35:42

I totally get what you mean. I was on maternity leave the last year and I ended up getting really annoyed with my husband when he'd say 'oh thank god it's the the weekend' because to me it was no different and I really missed that differentiation. I've just started back at work full time, and knowing I've got a full weekend of family and pet time to look forward to is wonderful. If you can't work due to anxiety, could you take up a hobby that you do on weekends that you can look forward to and makes it feel different?

lady2016 Fri 19-Aug-16 20:43:40

I suffered badly with poor mental health for a while the key is baby steps . You can start by going out everyday not far even if it's your garden. You will finally get that Friday feeling again I know what you mean I felt the same.

lady2016 Fri 19-Aug-16 20:44:01

Also see your gp

AvengeTheDoc Fri 19-Aug-16 23:25:24

Jonty I struggle to leave the house a lot, I can but then I'm a mess for a long time afterward. So I think I need to get something in or near the house. I like sports so that's generally on the weekend so that's kind of a countdown.

lady really just going out to the garden? I did have counselling it was helping but my counsellor moved and now id have to do phone counselling which I didn't find helpful

lady2016 Sat 20-Aug-16 00:12:27

I am not a trained professional but from what I went though it's baby steps. If someone says yoy must go to town everyday and sit in a cafe it will fell .baby steps are the key and eventually you will make bigger steps to recovery. So yes if makeing an effort to sit in your garden everyday for a little while helps then so be it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now