To think this man must be the ugh-est smuggest parent in Britain

(99 Posts)
parrots Wed 17-Aug-16 09:37:23

"I pride myself on being what I call a ‘Golden Parent’ - taking the top spot on the winners’ podium of parenting..."

Can't see a thread about this, but here's Lynne Franks' son outlining his parental perfection in the Daily Mail....

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3730468/My-AbFab-mother-absolutely-awful-parent-PR-guru-Lynne-Franks-inspired-Absolutely-Fabulous-son-says-baby-boomers-like-selfish-raise-children.html

parrots Wed 17-Aug-16 09:38:26

Meant to add, the really galling thing about this is that his mother is funding his leisurely, child-focused lifestyle

Redglitter Wed 17-Aug-16 09:40:26

Her reply to it makes interesting reading

Witchend Wed 17-Aug-16 09:41:54

Well I'll bet his children say "I won't make the mistakes my dad made. He made different ones. At least I'll use sensible names.."

crabbiearses Wed 17-Aug-16 09:42:47

it actually reads a bit sadly , he is clearly still crying out for his mothers attention.

pocketsaviour Wed 17-Aug-16 09:43:59

YABVU for linking to the Daily Fail.

TimetohittheroadJack Wed 17-Aug-16 09:50:18

He gets his kids up, ready and out to school/nursery in the morning, goes home, tidies up, gets the washing on, pays any bills. Picks kids up at nursery, feeds them, goes to park. gets older kids from school, feeds them, gets homework done and bed. And at the weekend they might go to the park or museum if its raining.

I'm seriously impressed. He must be like the only person in the country to can manage such a vast amount of activity. oh, wait....

CurlyMoo Wed 17-Aug-16 09:50:44

I think he needs to get over himself. He sounds like a complete martyr. He thinks he is an amazing parent; let his son Mordechai decide that in 20 years time. I love the way he added in that his wife is usually in bed BF or catching up on sleep, so he is an amazing husband to boot.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 17-Aug-16 09:52:41

He's very smug and self congratulating. Also very bitter towards his mother.

I'm surprised he can fund his lifestyle with the odd bit of stand up comedy of an evening, I found nothing remotely humorous in his huge essay on the topic of me, me me.

As a part time Nanny, I find his attitude to nannies insulting and narrow minded.

DropYourSword Wed 17-Aug-16 09:54:50

My god, he's irritating! Sounds like he thinks he's the first dad to ever be a parent. What a competitive matyr! Would love to speak to his kids in a few years and see what they think of his golden parenting, or whatever he called it.

What he described is what every bloody parent does, keep going, and when you're knackered and feel you can't go on, you do. Because you have to. Because you love your children.

I don't think I'll be a better parent than my mum. I hope I do as good a job as her.

iklboo Wed 17-Aug-16 09:55:19

He sounds a bit like Muttley from Wacky Races: 'Medal! Medal! Medal!'

parrots Wed 17-Aug-16 09:55:32

@Lostintheearlynineties apparently his own wife was a nanny when he met her!

DropYourSword Wed 17-Aug-16 09:57:16

redglitter Where is her reply?

parrots Wed 17-Aug-16 09:58:32

Her reply here

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3744426/A-selfish-parent-gave-darling-son-week-son-PR-guru-Lynne-Franks-inspired-AbFab-said-baby-boomers-like-terrible-mums-s-incendiary-response.html

Joshuajosephspork Wed 17-Aug-16 10:01:40

Did nobody else note that he says he is a comic? This is a complete piss-take. The David Brent of parenting 😁😁😁

BlueLeopard Wed 17-Aug-16 10:05:09

Redglitter Do you have a link to the mother's reply?

I'd like to give him a medal though. With Sanctimonious Dickhead written on it.

8angle Wed 17-Aug-16 10:06:53

What an arse, thinking what he thinks is bad enough but writing it all out in a newspaper for everyone to read - just wow (also who was doing all the parenting when he was penning this master piece!!)

My parents were baby boomers and I hope I am half as good a parent as my mum.

Also how does he afford not to work all day - given the writing in this article i can't imagine he is particularly successful as a stand up comic!

DropYourSword Wed 17-Aug-16 10:08:02

Her reply is fantastic. I actually think it was very measured and she showed great restraint.
I also thought as I read the article that it was interesting he barely made mention of his dad, and virtually all the blame was laid at his mums feet.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 17-Aug-16 10:09:09

the David Brent of parenting ha ha grin

AnotherEffingOrangeRevel Wed 17-Aug-16 10:11:17

When I asked at playgroups and the school gates, it was self-evident to everyone I spoke to that they were better parents than their own had been.

grin grin

Thefitfatty Wed 17-Aug-16 10:14:18

I think if you're going to diss someone in the Daily Mail, you'd better make sure that person isn't one of the worlds best PR practitioners! grin

Frankly, he's a twat. My baby boomer parents worked hard to provide for us. My DM and DF were away a lot when we were young and I couldn't be more proud of their accomplishments! They both taught me what hard work and passion look like and I'm trying to raise my kids in the same way.

I don't see anything remotely commendable about focusing entirely on your children in that way. Even my SAHM friends would never be THAT kid-centric. He's raising a family of little narcissists.

sue51 Wed 17-Aug-16 10:17:49

According to his mother, he lived with her till his late twenties. Life can't have been that bad at home then.

Cheerybigbottom Wed 17-Aug-16 10:18:24

I'm mostly annoyed that as such a wonderful father himself he doesn't have much to say of his own fathers parenting.

Tatlerer Wed 17-Aug-16 10:20:28

What a knob. Can't/ won't even read all of it but:
1) "Whether doing all the movements in a baby sing-a-long class, having snacks ready for a school run, or playing hide and seek in a wooden fort, being a parent, is our reason for being."

Pass the sick bucket.
2) His wife is worn out from breastfeeding but he's busy warming/cooling bottles for the other kids, who all appear from the picture to be 3+? And still on bottles? Hardly podium parenting...

BlueLeopard Wed 17-Aug-16 10:20:30

This has to be a wind up for promoting the movie coming out, surely?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now