Update: LP Friends children day out

(5 Posts)
SilkyGreyCat Tue 16-Aug-16 20:20:47

Original Post here for those who don't rememeber www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2706680-AIBUably-mad-for-considering-doing-this-LP-Friend?

Tl;Dr Friend is LP to 6 boys - 4 hers, 2 are her half brothers. She struggles to take them out all together so they've spent the holidays inside the house. So my DH and I were going to take her 3 eldest sons out while her 2 brothers had contact with their dad.

So today was the day. Unfortunately, the 12 year old who has ASD and is partially deaf was having a meltdown when my DH and I arrived because he'd lost a game of football on his xbox and he didn't want to come with us. But still took the 9 and 8 year olds out with us.

We had a lovely day still, and while everybody told me not to spoil the boys I couldn't help it. They were really well behaved, and didn't ask for or expect anything. So DH bought them 4 games for their playstation to share with their brothers and uncles, I bought them a mcdonalds which we ate in the park I know fast food is bad, but it was a treat we also bought them a new football and had a kick about before getting Ice Creams and coming home.

They had a lovely day. They played in the park with my DD (14m) and even helped her to have a little walk around. They took awhile to warm to my DH but once they did, I felt like a spare part as they all chatted away about computer games and football, I knew they'd like him!

And my friends thanked me. Apparently she got a break as her youngest slept all day, the 12 year old stayed in his room all day after his meltdown, her 8 year old brother went off swimming with his friend after seeing his dad, so she just had her 3 year old brother to look after which apparently was a lovely relief.

However I've done so much walking that my feet are hurting. This was the daily reading on my Iphone for today. Wow!

MUjunkie Tue 16-Aug-16 20:28:48

Brilliant! Worth the tiredness though I bet, she must feel like that every day so the fact you have given her a day off makes you amazing! Wish I had a friend like you!

Freshprincess Tue 16-Aug-16 20:32:51

Silky - what a amazing friend you are.

6 boys! I'm frantic with just two.

SilkyGreyCat Tue 16-Aug-16 22:38:01

Well worth the tiredness! Had so much fun, DD is flat out asleep when normally be awake for 20 mins or so now; so it's done her some good too.

Evilstepmum01 Tue 16-Aug-16 22:57:48

Thats a lovely thing to do for her. And you enjoyed it too! Bonus!

Hope you can help her out like this again! If not, let me know, I only have 1 DS but I'll throw in DH and crazy ginger dog!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now