AIBU to just want a break!!!!

(4 Posts)
WildRoses Mon 15-Aug-16 20:14:54

I am so stressed! (Along with most parents at this time of year)
Dsc have just spent a week with their mum. They've come back horrendous apart from dss1. Dsd (12) has pretty much blanked me since she got back and dss (10) has been constantly rude and nasty since he's got back. Infuriatingly he's doing it when his dad isn't in the room. My dd (11) has turned into a little madam as well giving me cheek and answering back. Unusual for her.
I'm so frustrated and upset as dss makes out like I'm always trying to get him in trouble. Dss1 (14) Told his dad today how bad other dss has been swith me so it got sorted out in front of dh. Then straight away behind his back dss2 made a face at me. I feel like walking out the door and never coming back but I have 3dc of my own as well. Sometimes I feel like they'd all be better off without me. (Not in a suicidal way!) I also feel jealous of my exh and dh exw as they have the children when it suits their own lives. AIBU, selfish and completely out of order? sad

YorkshireLass2012 Mon 15-Aug-16 20:19:26

I have absolutely no experience of dealing with D.SC. but wanted to post a hug for you OP as it sounds like you need one 🌺

YorkieDorkie Mon 15-Aug-16 20:24:11

It's not unusual for step mums to receive some abuse after the DSC have been with the biological mum flowers there's usually some poisoning going on. They're probably fed up and frustrated too. Try not to take it to heart. Would it be totally impossible for you to have some alone time?

WildRoses Mon 15-Aug-16 21:25:25

Yorkshire lass thank you
I am in desperate need of one.
Yorkie you are right about the poisoning. The ex wife told me a few years ago she doesn't want them to love me so she tries to turn them against me. I pointed out how wrong that is as I'm their main carer. She told me she would stop but I think a lot of damage was already done. It upsets me as i encourage my dc to be nice to their dads new partner. alone time is hard as both sets of children have gone to the other parents through the holidays but at different times so we've been with at least 3 children through the while holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now