Aibu to feel a little emotional? Disability related

(8 Posts)
sashabelt Mon 15-Aug-16 19:49:42

I was this when walking past the disabled toilets in asda today and feel very emotional!

I think it is bloody brilliant and about time and I hope other retailers/organisations follow suit very soon.

My dd needs to use accessible toilets but has an invisible disability and gets comments and questions which is very upsetting and as so many of you know and experience daily.

Let's hope this helps with raising awareness about invisible disability and people start to think a little more before making judgments. grin

KellyBoo800 Mon 15-Aug-16 19:56:25

This is fantastic!

MrsBobDylan Mon 15-Aug-16 20:03:31

Well done Asda!

Topseyt Mon 15-Aug-16 20:07:50

Glad to see that. I have a couple of hidden problems which occasionally mean I need to use that sort of facility, or have in the past.

I hate feeling judged.

ChunkyMonkey4321 Mon 15-Aug-16 20:10:33

I read about this the other day. Great news. Next wouldn't open the 'accessible' changing room for my son. What are you supposed to do, whip their clothes off to show the scars etc and prove it?

Dozer Mon 15-Aug-16 20:11:41

Great!

sashabelt Mon 15-Aug-16 20:14:30

Chunky that is terrible! Perhaps go on social media to name and shame them. It is not on!
We have a toilet attendant at our local shopping centre who decides if you are disabled enough or not to use the accessible toilet. Because of course she is a medical professional hmm
She suggested dd used the nappy change area with no privacy or running water angry

mumsnit Mon 15-Aug-16 22:00:05

Yes it's great and well done Asda! Let's hope other places do the same smile

What's also really awful are the many shops/restaurants that don't provide any disabled changing facilities that I've been reading about recently. The amount of money these organisations make out of their customers and they expect people to lie on a toilet floor sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now