To feel helpless

(3 Posts)
whatstheworstthatcanhappen1 Sun 14-Aug-16 17:47:33

My mum is in need to move house so much and it's just doesn't seem likely that it is going to happen anytime soon,

Backstory- her dh left her 3 years ago as she has ms and he just didn't want to care for her anymore, literally just walked out one day.

She lives about a 40 min drive away from me in the middle of nowhere, they moved there together 11 years ago. I try to get round and help her as much as I can but with 2 kids and a full time job it's really hard. We need to move her closer to us but am really struggling. She doesn't qualify for a council property as our council have a strict policy that if you have lived outside the area for over 3 years they can't help. I have managed to save up for a deposit and first months rent for her but there are no properties available, I have actively looking for over a year.

I went round today and the place is such a state and she has been on her own for over a week as I haven't been able to get over.

I have talked about home help coming in bit she is only early 50s so feels like she doesn't want this.

I just don't know what to do to get her moved, we only have a 2 bed terrace house and with 2 kids it's already packed, after today's visit I just broke down and said I want to move her in to ours but dh has said no as there isn't room.

hertsnessex Sun 14-Aug-16 17:59:42

this sounds awful for you all. Do yo not have any details of her GP? I would start there, or any 'referral' team for help she may be working with.

whatstheworstthatcanhappen1 Sun 14-Aug-16 18:02:57

I know what surgery she is with and they seem very good, so you think they may be able to assist?

She also has bi-polar and had a crisis team for that but hasn't had to call them for a while, she went through a breakdown after her dh left to the point they were going to section her but they had no beds.

I just want her close so I can help her, just feel like I should be a better daughter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now