Are my stretch marks really bad? :(

(24 Posts)
user1470335762 Sat 13-Aug-16 18:39:48

They go all across my stomach. They're so nasty and thick sad I think this is as light as they're going to get.

SfaOkaySuperFurryAnimals Sat 13-Aug-16 18:45:21

I use dove fake tan on mine, I had huge twins. Mine aren't going anywhere fast but this product makes mine less obvious.

Elllicam Sat 13-Aug-16 18:49:07

They don't look bad at all. How long has it been since the baby? Mine kept lightening for years.

99GBPChargeToUseMyPostsJournos Sat 13-Aug-16 18:50:19

They will definitely get lighter, I don't notice mine at all now.

BastardBernie Sat 13-Aug-16 18:52:06

I have similar all over my arse and thighs. I got them with DD 5 years ago, they are still lightening til this day. You nearly can't see them, don't worry!

londonrach Sat 13-Aug-16 18:52:12

They not. I dont get why people get worried about stretch marks. They show you have been lucky enough to have children. Its a badge of honour. Im upset i havent got any!!! I keep looking (almost 3 week old bfb). Im reminded of educating rita. One of my first boyfriends said every scar on your body shows you lived life and gives you a story of your life. Ive never forgotten that! Be proud of them!!!!

VioletVaccine Sat 13-Aug-16 18:52:31

They are stretchmarks! No, they 'aren't that bad'. They aren't bad at all. You grew a healthy human being, and that took you to capacity and your skin stretched to do it, that's all!

I'll show you mine if it makes you feel any better OP, ha ha grin flowers

abigwideworld Sat 13-Aug-16 18:53:45

I have stretch marks from when I put on weight as a teenager, they're literally white now so I'm the only one who knows they're there. You look fine OP and I'm sure they will continue to lighten.

dangermouseisace Sat 13-Aug-16 18:54:24

they aren't that bad at all. My ex DH had worse stretch marks than that…all across his back, on his thighs etc. He had about 90% more stretch marks than me- in all seriousness. He wasn't, and had never been even remotely overweight. He wasn't bothered about them and his didn't signify that he had gone through the utterly amazing experience of producing a whole entire human being. They will get a bit less pink…any sort of scarring ends up white over time. It takes years though.

heehaaw Sat 13-Aug-16 18:54:38

Mine are waaaaay worse. They have faded but still there. Honestly it's not worth worrying about. I look at DD & stop caring.

BodsAuntieFlo Sat 13-Aug-16 18:54:42

I have loads. They get lighter with the years and I don't notice mine now.

Bodicea Sat 13-Aug-16 18:54:50

They will fade. I had angry red stretch marks all over my boobs as a teen. Honestly they were so awful. I thought they would never go. You can barely see them now xxx

JigglypuffsCaptor Sat 13-Aug-16 18:58:01

I'm covered in them, the ones on my arms, thigh and bottom are now white and barely noticeable but the ones on my pubic line and tummy are still purple. DP has never complained so meh not bothered. I don't think people notice half of what we notice about ourselves.

They will fade, they are fine. flowers

RubyCav Sat 13-Aug-16 19:13:59

Mine are worse I think. I have some over 2cm wide on my stomach. I'd also say my stomach is more stretch mark than normal skin. They do keep getting lighter but I think the wide ones are pinker and take longer to lighten.

I have fine line ones on my legs and arms where I got tall too fast for my skin. They are totally white because they are from so long ago.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 13-Aug-16 19:17:47

They aren't bad at all.

Mine are really bad, I gained far too much weight during pregnancy and had 2 large babies within 21 months. My stomach resembles a deflated balloon and to compound the issue, I had abdominal surgery when ds2 was 15 months old so now have an overhang too.

The abdo surgery was for cancer though which did wonders at getting my life in perspective. I'm alive, fit and well, I can even run long distance when I'm not injured. My stretch marks really don't bother me anymore and the overhang is just a reminder that I survived cancer.

I've never used anything on mine op but I've heard bio oil can help. I think the most important thing though is to try not to worry. Your body nurtured a human being, that's a miraclethanks

eightbluebirds Sat 13-Aug-16 19:18:28

Mine are worse! They stretch down past my bikini line too. If that's any comfort...
I'm getting on with it.

Trills Sat 13-Aug-16 19:19:56

Very few people are going to get anywhere as close to you as that picture.

And those that do are probably preoccupied with something other than stretch marks.

TheRealAdaLovelace Sat 13-Aug-16 19:23:22

I have seen a lot worse if that is any comfort

isitseptemberyet Sat 13-Aug-16 19:26:20

im pregnant with my fifth and have started using bio oil twice a day religiously (slapping it on just at i get into bed so it can soak in over night),
and its really lightened the stretch marks that i had from the others quite significantly in only a few weeks, would highly recommend it.
Try not to worry tho, ud honestly be hard pushed to find a woman over 20 without Any stretch marks, lots of people get them just from growing in teenage years or from losing weight. I saw a meme on facebook that i Love which says
'Your body is not ruined, you're a god damn tiger who earned her stripes' !

On a side note, i worked as a midwife previously and have seen stretch marks Much thicker and Much darker than yours. Ive heard people joke that their tummies looked like a map of the london underground !
I know it's hard to 'put it into perspective' when something makes you feel unattractive , but really as long as you're healthy, nothing else matters X

BathshebaDarkstone Sat 13-Aug-16 19:26:24

They're not bad at all! Would you like to swap them for my bloody great scar? grin

user1469553305 Sat 13-Aug-16 21:17:30

Those are your stripes, tiger. You grew another human being for nine months. They will fade and eventually you will wear them with pride

HeresashatinaboxpAt Sat 13-Aug-16 22:08:35

Op... I used to hate mine too until I burnt myself with fat all across my abdomine... Realised the stretch marks weren't to bad after all... Now I look like Frankensteins bride!

MyBreadIsEggy Sat 13-Aug-16 22:13:33

They are not bad at all smile
I have similar ones on one side of my tummy where my Dd stuck her massive bum out and refused to budge for a week before she was born. They run through a tattoo which cost me a few hundred pounds and few hours of excruciating pain (worse than childbirth actually!) which is now completely wrecked. It kind of looks like what it used to be....an obese, stretched, misshapen version of what it used to be all distorted by a big fat stretch mark right through the middle hmm

Fluffsnuts Sat 13-Aug-16 22:54:07

I hate my stretch marks. They aren't 'tiger stripes', they are evidence that my body is not my own, another thing I can't control. They are ugly and fat and even faded I still see them every damn day in the mirror. Mine are much, much worse than yours OP, they are all over my hips and thighs, back and bum and where yours are. I love my DS but hate what he did to my body. I'm very envious of my friends who have none.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now