To think that only a complete fuckwit wouldn't take a key?

(99 Posts)
StillSmallVoiceOfCalm Sat 13-Aug-16 17:17:03

DH (that is Dick Head) has gone away.

Train connections back were tight.

He knew this.

If connection not met them last bus back (into the sticks) would be missed.

He also knew this.

What a surprise. Things have not gone to plan.

And the stupid fuckwitted bastard hasn't taken a key.

1. I am not picking up. Today is my day off. (He knew this as well)

2. I am not leaving my front door unlocked all nihght in case the twat makes it home.

This also happens pretty much every time he goes away. Nob.

acasualobserver Sat 13-Aug-16 17:19:08

Put the key in a hidden place. Text him where.

SalemSaberhagen Sat 13-Aug-16 17:19:25

I can understand you being annoyed, but not picking up? Do you mean not picking him up? Then I would say you are being a bit U there.

TheNaze73 Sat 13-Aug-16 17:20:11

I think the issue is more than the key isn't it???

If my DP wanted a lift back I'd do it.

mrsfuzzy Sat 13-Aug-16 17:20:42

he's been a bit of a prat, and you sound like a real dream tbh, why so hostile ? may be ibu ?

ShatnersBassoon Sat 13-Aug-16 17:21:26

Forgetting a key is hardly a punishable offence. What do you expect him to do? Kip at the bus station?

StillSmallVoiceOfCalm Sat 13-Aug-16 17:21:50

I am not picking up. I am tired. I want a gin and tonic and bed at a reasonable time. Not staying up until who-knows-when.

I wouldn't expect anyone to do that. I would arrange things properly so I could get home under my own steam.

And I would take a key.

VladmirsPoutine Sat 13-Aug-16 17:22:17

You sound mightily pissed off over something that may have been an oversight. Unless there is a history of this sort of thing it sounds like you're a bit of a nightmare.

StillSmallVoiceOfCalm Sat 13-Aug-16 17:22:35

He was fully aware of the above when planning.

AgentJ Sat 13-Aug-16 17:22:56

YABU and bloody nasty. If it was him at home and you'd missed a connection and this was his reaction there would be a unanimous LTB. Perhaps he should take that.

StillSmallVoiceOfCalm Sat 13-Aug-16 17:23:13

It's not an oversight it is completely thoughtless twitters. Again. As usual.

StillSmallVoiceOfCalm Sat 13-Aug-16 17:23:43

I wouldn't miss a connection. And if I did I would have a back up plan.

suspiciousofgoldfish Sat 13-Aug-16 17:24:03

You sound like you hate him confused

StillSmallVoiceOfCalm Sat 13-Aug-16 17:24:52

I'm quite fond of him usually. Just now when he's been a dick.

VladmirsPoutine Sat 13-Aug-16 17:26:02

Perhaps you should set the poor man free.

FeckinCrutches Sat 13-Aug-16 17:26:05

Taxi home, key under the mat, sorted.

I do not understand your fury over this, it's his problem. Unless he is a gigantic bellend all of the time.

purplespottedelephant Sat 13-Aug-16 17:26:32

What would your backup plan be?

Because I know that it that was me in that situation my partner would come and get me regardless of the time or distance he had to travel as I would for him.

We can all be a bit nobbish at times but I would never leave my partner stranded with no way home whether it was my only day off or not.

MsKite Sat 13-Aug-16 17:26:59

It sounds like this isn't the first time this has happened? If he expects you to drop everything because he can't be bothered to take a key, then Yanbu. What would he do if you were away or if he lived alone?

Arfarfanarf Sat 13-Aug-16 17:27:19

You say that this happens every time he goes away. No wonder you are irritated. I would be too.

Have you always 'rescued' him before? Are you feeling perhaps that he knows you will so takes the piss?

What do you think will happen if you simply do not answer the phone?

f83mx Sat 13-Aug-16 17:27:46

Put a key out somewhere safe, have the gin and tonic and get him to get a taxi home at £££, he might organise things a bit better next time!

PortiaCastis Sat 13-Aug-16 17:27:46

Leave it under a flower pot then text him where it is. Go to bed as per and include in your text he'd better be quiet when he gets back, and not to foget the ( insert corrrect digit here ) friggin stair creaks and would wake the living dead.

StillSmallVoiceOfCalm Sat 13-Aug-16 17:29:05

The poor man couldn't cope without me sorting out his duck ups and making alternative travel plans.

Taxis are somewhat difficult in The Sticks. It's not like a proper town where you just phone one or stick out your arm. You have to book about 7 weeks in advance and risk it not turning up and being stranded.

ShatnersBassoon Sat 13-Aug-16 17:29:10

He's buggered up a bit and made the mistake of thinking you'd help him out. Leave the poor sod a key.

AgentJ Sat 13-Aug-16 17:29:14

Well this time you're the one being a dick.

StillSmallVoiceOfCalm Sat 13-Aug-16 17:31:24

I will of course forego my gin. And stay awake until God-knows-what-time because the taxi thing won't happen.

But really. It is a bit irritating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now