To ask dh not to go out tomorrow?

(77 Posts)
PlaymobilPirate Fri 12-Aug-16 15:53:12

We have no living room floor - just 3 joists at the minute as they all need replacing.

To get to the kitchen we have to go 2 houses down and through the cut (carrying meals, drinks, washing, dirty dishes etc back and forth. We're living in just the bedrooms.

We've just come back from holiday today - last week dh said that he'd not go to the match if he'd not finished the floor... today he said he wants to go!

We have a 3 year old so living like this is a bit of a nightmare!

Wibu to say he 'can't' go??

MotherKat Fri 12-Aug-16 15:54:02

Make him take the 3 year old.

PlaymobilPirate Fri 12-Aug-16 15:54:40

Still doesn't get the floor put down 😉

Pearlman Fri 12-Aug-16 15:59:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PlaymobilPirate Fri 12-Aug-16 16:01:49

I can take dc out - I'm just a bit pissed off that it's going to drag on for God knows how long... back at work on Monday and I reckon it's a 2 day job as he's not booked his mate to labour for him like he was meant to 🙄

ImperialBlether Fri 12-Aug-16 16:04:29

I would go berserk at this. It's alright for him if he's never in the bloody house, but you're there trying to keep a small child safe. Tell him to grow up and fix the floor.

ScarletOverkill Fri 12-Aug-16 16:04:50

I would ask him when he will do it if not today. I'd ask him to commit to the date which nothing would then stop him

Frrraaann Fri 12-Aug-16 16:06:19

Utterly ridiculous. What a prick he's being.

PlaymobilPirate Fri 12-Aug-16 16:08:42

It'll be next weekend realistically - we work longish hours so no real chance in the week. He's just gone out to get more screws or something so realistically nothing much will get done today.

Mitfordhons Fri 12-Aug-16 16:13:28

First match of the new season, I wouldn't want to miss it. Why can't he do both, start the floor then go to the match? My team's kick off is 6.30 so easy to do both, but even if it's 3 he could make a start.

Frrraaann Fri 12-Aug-16 16:18:33

First match of the new season, I wouldn't want to miss it.

Should've got the floor done then!

PlaymobilPirate Fri 12-Aug-16 16:19:11

That's why I'm a bit torn Mitford

Kick off is 3pm but he'd need to leave by 1 ish... realistically he'll not get his arse started till half 9 / 10 so not much will get done.

ImperialBlether Fri 12-Aug-16 16:24:23

Hang on, he's gone out for screws so nothing more will be done today?

It's a long time until bed time. I'd tell him he does it now or he does it tomorrow and misses the match. His choice.

ExtraHotLatteToGo Fri 12-Aug-16 16:24:36

I wouldn't mind him going on the understanding that he books his mate for next weekend & he gets it finished. No faffing.

Mitfordhons Fri 12-Aug-16 16:25:56

Make it part of the deal then? Say it's got to be at a certain point before he leaves so either has to work late tonight and or early tomorrow to get lots done. I know he's been an idiot but the first match is a big thing, surely relationships are about give and take, picking your rows etc. You never know when you might want a similar amount of leeway.

ITCouldBeWorse Fri 12-Aug-16 16:25:57

Nope. Just nope.

PlaymobilPirate Fri 12-Aug-16 16:28:09

Current 'floor' for context!

mrsfuzzy Fri 12-Aug-16 16:34:16

i get your frustration and he should be getting his finger out and dealing with the floor properly but what is wrong with making a start then finishing it after the match, it's for the benefit and safety of his family.
that aside wibu to say he can't go as he's not a child [presumably] in another situation to even think that would be massively unreasonable, and i know what i'd say if my dh said i couldn't go out.

BoffinMum Fri 12-Aug-16 16:34:48

Threaten to do it yourself.

Mummyoflittledragon Fri 12-Aug-16 16:35:01

Can you pay/get someone or his mate to do it? (Or threaten to). I mean wound his pride/wallet if that's important to him. Good job you work. Imagine being a sahm.

Mummyoflittledragon Fri 12-Aug-16 16:36:07

Sorry didn't mean that to sound negative - just even worse to cope with smile

January87 Fri 12-Aug-16 16:41:59

Tell him to either do it tomorrow or he can pay someone to come in on Monday to get it sorted.

OpenMe Fri 12-Aug-16 16:45:08

He takes lo to the match and you do the floor? wink

RosieandJim89 Fri 12-Aug-16 16:50:08

I would ask him to start tonight and get up early to finish as much as possible.

pearlylum Fri 12-Aug-16 16:51:23

Id take your toddler and go elsewhere until it gets done. Move in with a friends, family or a hotel. Tell him where you have gone but don't be open for chats or negotiation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now