Am I too old for this?

(26 Posts)
LewisAndClark Thu 11-Aug-16 20:54:33

I've spent the last three weeks bingeing on The Vampire Diaries. It's actually my second time around. I have a thing for Damon. A proper, teenaged, heart pounding, fanny gallops THING.

I'm slightly concerned that as a mother of three who's edging towards forty I should probably have better things to do with my days. But I'm obsessed. I'm also currently dreaming every night about hot vampire sex. Dh is reaping the benefits.

Do I need help?

LewisAndClark Thu 11-Aug-16 21:10:10

Oh. Just me with ridiculous teenaged style obsessions then.

<crawls back under duvet with Netflix for company>

JennyOnAPlate Thu 11-Aug-16 21:21:13

No me too. And Netflix emailed me today to let me know that series 3 of the originals is available too. I recommend watching that if you haven't!

JigglypuffEvolving Thu 11-Aug-16 21:21:43

Never too old.

LewisAndClark Thu 11-Aug-16 21:22:26

I know! I'm just on season six for the second time and then I'm restarting the originals. Klaus wouldn't be kicked out of bed if me and Damon were in it either.

MyNameIsPenny Thu 11-Aug-16 21:22:33

YANBU
I binge-watched it all a few months back (never watched it before). I am also nearer 40 than 30 and had the most inappropriate crush on Damon - although I think he is also 30 something? So maybe not too inappropriate blush
With the latest series on TV I haven't been too fussed though I've moved onto Rick Grimes after binge watching twd

LewisAndClark Thu 11-Aug-16 21:25:51

Oh TWD is all about Daryl for me. Rick's too beardy. Glen would do in a pinch.

Oh god. I'm an oversexed middle aged woman who pervs over telly people. There's no hope for me.

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 21:27:32

No, no and no, and also, I love you. I have a thread about Gilmore Girls at the mo, which I am obsessed with, even though I'm a good six or seven years older than Lorelei. I fully got into Twilight aged forty, and when I'm having a bad day, I like to get out my secret stash of Sweet Valley High books and pretend to be friends with the Wakefield sisters. I also re-read my old Judy Blumes and Paula Danzigers. I'm 41 and I will continue to channel my inner teen forever.

Viviene Thu 11-Aug-16 21:28:35

Damon is around 35 I think so not so inappropriate.
Love VD and also have had crush on Damon even though in real life he doesn't come across as particularly bright (I've seen some interviews with him).
You should watch True Blood (not sure it's on Netflix), I had mega crush on Eric too and there's lots of sex there. Even though it is a bit shite after season 4.

LewisAndClark Thu 11-Aug-16 21:30:26

Oh I LOVED true blood. Naked Eric was my screen saver for a long time. I also bought and read (three times) all the books, which I can highly recommend for an escapist bit of fluff.

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 21:30:36

I also love having crushes. So much safer than the real thing. I've got about five at the moment (I'm a hussy....)

LewisAndClark Thu 11-Aug-16 21:31:38

Gilmore girls is next on my binge list. Ds2 starts school I'm September so I have time to put into my hobbies grin

wherethefuckisthefuckingtuna Thu 11-Aug-16 21:32:45

fanny gallops

gringrin

Viviene Thu 11-Aug-16 21:33:21

Yes, I read the books too! And re- watched the naked scenes several times on YouTube.

MyNameIsPenny Thu 11-Aug-16 21:33:38

Oh my goodness Viviene, I have not thought about vampire Eric for a looooong time swoon thank you for awakening the lust grin

OK Lewis you can have Darryl. Rick in all his beardy gloryness shall be mine.

2kids2dogsnosense Thu 11-Aug-16 21:39:08

HOT vampire sex?

Vampires aren't alive - wouldn't they be cold?

Careforadrink Thu 11-Aug-16 21:41:11

Yabu

Enzo is hotter than Damon lol

Oysterbabe Thu 11-Aug-16 21:42:45

I'll have to check this out. Netflix binges are what maternity leave is all about.

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 21:46:18

I have to watch this! I liked that Taylor Lautner character from Twilight, despite being old enough to be his mother. I have no qualms about looking at hot, naked young males - guys do it all the time with young women! Feel no shame, ladies!

CoolToned Thu 11-Aug-16 21:48:08

Well I turned 38 recently and I've been bingeing (revisiting - I watched the whole series prior) on Gossip Girl.

TheRealKimmySchmidt63 Thu 11-Aug-16 21:48:13

YANBU
Used to be a big fan of both VD and True Blood (and the Following which was amazing - not vampire related but of the same era)
Loving the pp mentioning sweet valley high too - lots of nostalgia for many I am sure grin

kensausage13 Thu 11-Aug-16 21:51:50

Daryl from TWD...yum, just YUM blush

NeedACleverNN Thu 11-Aug-16 21:53:31

Never too old

Though it's been ages since I watched the vampire diaries...

I think I lost interest just after stephan was locked in something and thrown in the water

Sciurus83 Thu 11-Aug-16 21:57:00

VD diaries can get a bit repetitive but worth it for the eye candywink though Klaus was always my favourite and the Originals is faaaab!

jnh22 Thu 11-Aug-16 22:05:43

Me too! I'm currently obsessed with The Originals (and especially Elijah)! I like TVD but the Originals is a bit more grown-up.

Also a fan of Eric from True Blood...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now