To still be searching for 'the one'

(72 Posts)
babajuice Thu 11-Aug-16 20:27:27

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hi!

I'm in my 30's with one DC. I am married. I am still searching for "the one"..... mummy friend.

I have acquaintances with DC. I have friends without, but it's difficult to match our timetables.

Anyway, AIBU to just want to meet someone a bit cynical but witty, who likes coffee and cocktails and cake and sitting down as opposed to rushing about all the time, and who likes wine a lot but is also planning on cutting down because the calories don't burn off too quickly anymore?

And who likes binge watching Netflix, and really wants to see that new David Brent film?

And who has quite an immature/ bit rude sense of humour. And who lives not too far away.

It's not like I'm asking for 20. I just want the one. WHERE ART THOU MY "THE ONE"?

KondosSecretJunkRoom Thu 11-Aug-16 20:29:26

You had me at wine but lost me at David Brent, best of luck in your search.

hazeimcgee Thu 11-Aug-16 20:29:28

You had me up until Brent...

chocoLit Thu 11-Aug-16 20:30:57

I was in up till Brent sorry. Maybe Kondos and Hazei and I could hang out though...................

TheJiminyConjecture Thu 11-Aug-16 20:32:15

Me!

purplefox Thu 11-Aug-16 20:32:25

Another one you lost at Brent.

hazeimcgee Thu 11-Aug-16 20:33:25

Who wants to go and see BFG instead??

MarcelineTheVampire Thu 11-Aug-16 20:33:27

I AM HERE!! Ignore the pp's regarding Brent- they obviously have no taste grin.

babajuice Thu 11-Aug-16 20:34:08

Ah no! Clearly that's where I'm going wrong then. I found The Office totally cringeworthy but I do like laughing at his character. Alas...

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 11-Aug-16 20:34:41

I have a love/hate thing with Brent; I love him but hate him because it's such painful watching. So yeah, I'm your one.

KondosSecretJunkRoom Thu 11-Aug-16 20:35:01

New Borne movie for me please.

babajuice Thu 11-Aug-16 20:36:03

Yay Jiminy and Marceline!

Msqueen33 Thu 11-Aug-16 20:37:10

Can I have one too please? I'd even play via Amazon prime. Is there an equivalent to the dating apps for meeting a friend? Without coming off as too much of a loser.

JigglypuffEvolving Thu 11-Aug-16 20:38:06

I'll mummy date you. Wink.

chocoLit Thu 11-Aug-16 20:39:21

Kondos have seen it - not sure if there was a plot at all but the view was nice wink

Hazei I haven't seen BFG yet but DC have <sods> can't wait though!

purplefox do you want to be in our 'gang'?

babajuice Thu 11-Aug-16 20:39:28

haze I could be convinced re BFG.

kondos - I don't get how there are so many of those films? I don't remember the premise but by now shouldn't Jason Bourne just lie low in a cottage somewhere with a nice fireplace and a good book? Why is he always running around creating drama?

KondosSecretJunkRoom Thu 11-Aug-16 20:40:05

Maybe they could run some friendship algorithm for better match success. I wonder what criteria they'd use?

chocoLit Thu 11-Aug-16 20:41:12

but babajuice if he did that how would we see him?!?! He's been working out you know...........................

Dh dragged me to Suicide Squad too - I still haven't forgiven him for that yet either hmm

KondosSecretJunkRoom Thu 11-Aug-16 20:41:26

You see, I don't think we could be friends baba - don't dis the Borne angry

KondosSecretJunkRoom Thu 11-Aug-16 20:43:00

grin

purplefox Thu 11-Aug-16 20:44:51

chocolit yea, I want in the 'gang' grin

babajuice Thu 11-Aug-16 20:47:18

Jigglypuff - winefor you

I'm not very good at dates. I'm good at getting tipsy though, so winefor me too. Sooooo, do you come here often? That's a thing people say in the real world right?

DixieNormas Thu 11-Aug-16 20:47:38

I'd rather go and see the BFG any day of the week

VairyVAIRYhungrycaterpillar Thu 11-Aug-16 20:48:29

I sort of agree but can I say I am not averse to being a bit mum-friend slutty.., my vair lovely English friend was telling me very seriously how <massive generalisation alert> English people take it slowly with friendships and it takes a while, maybe years, but once you are friends you are really friends etc and I was thinking furiously 'I haven't got YEARS, my kids will have grown up, I need four or five nice transient friendships in my hood who I can pretty much meet and go 'hi do you want to go to the utterly mindnumbingly dull stay'n'play TOMORROW??' ' Then when a couple of them are busy there are still a few a round to chat to. I swear to god all the mums go to play groups in my area (London) and studiously don't talk to one another WHHHHYYYY it's so BORING!!! NB I am not English, in my culture ALL the bored mums chat to one another, known or not known.

Oysterbabe Thu 11-Aug-16 20:49:48

You're perfect for me. Where do you live?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now