Fake holiday giveaways on FB

(10 Posts)
HeCantBeSerious Thu 11-Aug-16 18:25:03

Why the fuck do people fall for them?

About 10 people I know shared an Easyjet one yesterday for round the world tickets in first class with Easyjet (they don't fly long haul and they don't have first class seats!).

About 20 have shared another fake one today, even after I've pointed out that it's fake!

Patapouf Thu 11-Aug-16 18:39:03

Because people are idiots

intrusivethoughts Thu 11-Aug-16 18:41:37

Grrr and yes, people are idiots!

JenLindley Thu 11-Aug-16 18:42:15

^^what pata said.

To me it seems sooo obviously fake but even if you're in doubt, one click onto the page will show you it was created two hours ago and has one photo= bollocks. Same with the "win a Range Rover" ones. Idiots.

LemonSqueezy0 Thu 11-Aug-16 19:42:28

People I'd otherwise consider intelligent share these very obvious cons! It's weird and inexplicable

HeCantBeSerious Thu 11-Aug-16 21:12:25

I get a daily reminder these days that 50% of the general population is of below average intelligence.

LunaLoveg00d Thu 11-Aug-16 21:13:51

Because people are gullible fools.

This sort of thing winds me up. The BMW give aways too!

I did actually win a Facebook competition but it was a small start up business!

CantChoose Thu 11-Aug-16 21:44:17

I feel disproportionate rage when people share these, I'm glad it's not just me.
My favourites are when the name of the company is wrong, like 'easijet'.

ClopySow Thu 11-Aug-16 21:47:35

I saw a Disney cruise one today. Last minute cancellations meant a family cruise was being given away. Last minute cancellations for a cruise starting on 1st January 2017. Last minute.

Thousands of people had shared it. Come on people.

You can always tell they're fake anyway, but the dead giveaway is a full stop at the end of the page name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now