To ask for help wording this

(15 Posts)
Welshmaenad Wed 10-Aug-16 20:33:06

Death/funeral announcement for the paper for my dad.

My sister is married, I'm separated from my exDH. I'm also in another relationship and my DP was incredibly fond of my dad, referred to him as his FIL etc. I have 2 DC.

I'm trying to think of how to word the announcement ie loving father of Welsh and DSis, adoring grandfather of MiniWelsh 1 and 2, respected FIL of (BIL) (ExH) and (DP)....

Is that ok? People will work out that 3 SILs for 2DDs equals a divorce somewhere right? Is it ok to put FIL of DP when we're not married? No way can I leave ExH out, they were close and he is a bearer. Don't want to leave DP out as he loved dad though their relationship wasn't as established as with ExH. Sister is fine with including my DP but I have done so much today and I cannot brain. Is that ok? Would you do it different? Mehhhhhhhhh

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 10-Aug-16 20:36:39

I think that's fine. flowers

Danglyweed Wed 10-Aug-16 20:37:40

I think thats ok, anyone that matters will know the goings on anyway

Sorry for your loss flowers

Do people usually put partners into these sorts of things? I thought it was usually along the lines of...

In loving memory of Papa Welsh, who leaves behind his 2 DDs Welsh & sister Welsh and his 2GCs
OR
In loving memory of Papa Welsh who will be sadly missed by DDs and DCs?
I'm not sure I have ever heard of SIL or DIL in these things?

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Wed 10-Aug-16 20:38:39

Sorry for your loss. flowers Perhaps Terry a version which doesnt "name" each relationship? Eg loving father and adoring grandfather, sadly missed by (list of names)

hazeimcgee Wed 10-Aug-16 20:38:49

I'm really sorry for your loss. If ypur dad treated them each as a SIL it sounds perfect x

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Wed 10-Aug-16 20:39:40

Terry? Try. Silly phone.

Welshmaenad Wed 10-Aug-16 20:40:06

My mums announcement included BIL and then DH. We're a really close family and my parents treated partners like their own kids, I feel like we need to nod to that. It means a lot to BIL too as he considered my father like his own dad sad

Welshmaenad Wed 10-Aug-16 20:40:43

Oh need more that's quite genius actually!

Bloopbleep Wed 10-Aug-16 20:41:51

Like pp said above, I too haven't heard of including in-laws but if that's what the family want I'd go with what you have.

I'm so sorry for your loss flowers

If you want them included then I think needmore has said a good solution

Welshmaenad Thu 11-Aug-16 17:08:27

Just wanted to update that we went with needmore 's suggestion, so Papa Welsh, loving husband of the late Mama Welsh, much loved father and grandfather and respected father in law. Sadly missed by Welsh, WelshDSis,mini Welshes, BIL,exWelsh,WelshDP, and all his family and friends.

It's perfect and everybody is happy. Thank you for providing brain Shen I had none!

ImissGrannyW Thu 11-Aug-16 17:13:13

Sorry for your loss flowers

YelloDraw Thu 11-Aug-16 17:32:45

Just wanted to update that we went with needmore 's suggestion

I think that is very well worded. Sorry for your loss.

Ginkypig Thu 11-Aug-16 17:45:44

I'm glad mn came to the rescue!

Sorry you've lost your dad, hope the funeral goes ok (as ok as a funeral can be obviously)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now