To not like other people's children very much?

(179 Posts)
purplespottedelephant Tue 09-Aug-16 23:08:05

Sounds really harsh but I have have DCs who I love more than the world and have endless amounts of patience for them

But lately just seems like every other child I come across irritates me beyond belief and I have zero patience for them!

It's very possible people feel the same way about my kids too though grin

UmbongoUnchained Tue 09-Aug-16 23:10:01

I just about like my own grin
No time for other people's at all!

WorraLiberty Tue 09-Aug-16 23:11:19

YANBU

I really like other people's children from a 'distance'. So for example I'll strike up a conversation/play a game with them on a bus or train journey. I love the kids on my school crossing (lollipop lady), I really love talking to next door's kids because I can go indoors as soon as I've had enough.

So basically, I only like other people's children on my terms grin

MadamDeathstare Tue 09-Aug-16 23:12:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

purplespottedelephant Tue 09-Aug-16 23:14:31

Phew haven't got the usual angry mnetters grin

Glad you all feel the same
just think other people's children r really bratty gringrin

CruCru Tue 09-Aug-16 23:14:36

I like children in general.

I often don't like other parents. Hanging out with children who are parented very differently from my own can be stressful or irritating.

Box2 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:15:48

I seriously can't take other people's kids . Piss me off

VioletBam Tue 09-Aug-16 23:17:03

It's something I've heard a lot...and there's probably some deep seated thing which is in built in us since the dawn of time. Maybe it used to be so that our own line would survive and we wouldn't feel any love for other kids in the tribe and feed them or anything in times of hardship.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 09-Aug-16 23:18:09

Children are like farts.

Your own are weirdly pleasant and satisfying. Other people's are intrusive and annoying.

DerekSprechenZeDick Tue 09-Aug-16 23:18:12

I barely tolerate my own never mind others

WorraLiberty Tue 09-Aug-16 23:19:13

CruCru that's very true about the different parenting.

I know it's not fair on the kid, but if for example they have the type of parents who constantly let them interrupt conversations, or worse still pipe up with "Well you know what I think?" and then sit gazing lovingly whilst said child treats everyone to their thoughts on an adult conversation, it really makes me dislike that child.

When really it's not the child's fault at all.

OlennasWimple Tue 09-Aug-16 23:20:16

Mine are OK most of the time grin

Other people's are usually tolerable in small doses and when I can hand them back

Same as dogs, TBH

purplespottedelephant Tue 09-Aug-16 23:20:46

Yeah I suppose that's a good point. Is probably more the parents i dislike rather than the kids.

There's nothing worse than a child that interrupts constantly.

PeggyMitchell123 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:21:36

I actually really love children in general and have a lot of time for children. Some however can be awful but I tend to blame the parent more than the child.

superram Tue 09-Aug-16 23:21:59

I like my friends' children on the whole as they are generally similar parents (and j tell them off and expect them to tell my kids off). General public children, no thanks!

IwannaSnorlax Tue 09-Aug-16 23:29:00

YANBU - totally agree Op.

MadamDeathstare Tue 09-Aug-16 23:29:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Justbecauseitsso Tue 09-Aug-16 23:30:50

Bugger! I've got one of those annoying kids that interrupts :-0.
@ Warraliberty How can I make my dd stop because it truly does my nut???
And god yes others' kids and my own irritate the heck out of me! Could it be that the summer holidays are getting to us grin

WorraLiberty Tue 09-Aug-16 23:31:42

Yeah I blame the parents but it still doesn't stop me disliking the kid.

Also, some kids really invade your personal space. Again, it's not their fault but it doesn't stop me dreaming up 100 different ways to tell them and their parents to bugger off grin

WorraLiberty Tue 09-Aug-16 23:33:17

Justbecauseitsso

I don't know. With mine I just used to (repeatedly) tell them to hold on a minute, until I finished my sentence.

Even if I'd already finished it, I'd add another one just so they didn't think they got away with it grin

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Tue 09-Aug-16 23:35:21

Right now I'm not even keen on my own.

Children always talk to me. You can't just tell a five year old to piss off tempting as it may be

littledrummergirl Tue 09-Aug-16 23:36:17

Yanbu.

PovertyPain Tue 09-Aug-16 23:40:32

You can't just tell a five year old to piss off

You can't? confused

janey77 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:41:12

When I was child free I never used to take annual leave during the school hols cos everywhere was full of stupid kids....fast forward a few years and I hate having to go on day trips for the same reasonsad

PovertyPain Tue 09-Aug-16 23:41:45

I just find other people's children so bloody boring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now