Get a room

(4 Posts)
Woodyblueeyes Mon 08-Aug-16 03:14:26

Night out to Edinburgh Festival to see well know comedian. Brill show. Fab time with dh and 16 and 18 year old ds.
Mid fifties couple in front of myself and ds who start to make out. Not talking about a kiss here. His hands were way down inside back of jeans and if not there were resting inside top of bra strap. Up her top resting on back bra strap. This couple were constantly touching each other during show. There were tongues, constant stroking each other's back. I seriously thought she had wind in the beginning and he was thoughtfully stroking her back.

Had no idea where it was going. Seemed like they wanted to have their own show if you know what I am saying.
Question. Wtf should I have said to them without coming over as prude. My boys thought it was totally gross and funny. My dh just laughed about it. What really got me is the creep kept on looking behind him to seemingly gauge our reaction. Kinda feel a bit grimey tonight. And tbh spoiled the show for me.

Euphemia Mon 08-Aug-16 03:32:47

You should have said something! No point fulminating about it on MN at 3am. grin

Enjoy Edinburgh - fabulous city.

KoalaDownUnder Mon 08-Aug-16 03:34:48

I wouldn't have said anything, just quietly seethed, but that is bloody grim and unnecessary.

Euphemia Mon 08-Aug-16 04:00:40

There was a time I'd have said nothing and just fumed, but I'm approaching 50, in the throes of menopause and thankfully entering that much longed-for phase of Saying What I Think and Not Giving a Shit. grin

I'm going to Edinburgh later this week. Woe betide that couple if they turn up when I'm having a naice afternoon tea with my mum ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now