To ask for help growing out 2yr old DS fringe?

(12 Posts)
Septbaby Sat 06-Aug-16 17:40:56

Any advice would be great, our 2yr old DS has the coolest blond surfer dude hair, I absolutely adore it! But we're going through a trying time with his fringe, we have trimmed it a few times (including one very wonky DH number) but now I would really like to grow it out for him. We're at the precarious stage where it's in his eyes and DH is threatening the wonko-chop again!

Does anyone have any top tips?

Themirrorcracked Sat 06-Aug-16 17:42:03

Put his hair up?

peaceloveandtwirlywoos Sat 06-Aug-16 17:42:39

You could try a bit of product to sweep it back or to the sides. Or hair clips.

Missgraeme Sat 06-Aug-16 17:43:50

Do an off centre parting and styling cream.

Septbaby Sat 06-Aug-16 17:48:05

Thanks gang! He's not really a fan of having it tied up but I'll persevere with it, I'll have to see if I can find any really gentle products to use as his skin is still quite sensitive, but thanks for the tips so far

Artandco Sat 06-Aug-16 17:50:42

Try this hair gel.

www.trotters.co.uk/hair/styling-products/natural-hair-gel

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 06-Aug-16 17:52:32

Hair clips! But persevere with a half-up-half-down - do you happen to follow Chloe and Beans on social media? Her older boys have gorgeous hair.

Noodlebrains Sat 06-Aug-16 18:59:25

I successfully got DD to grow out her fringe about a year ago. I just clipped it back as much as possible, didn't even think to use gel or anything. It is possible.

Septbaby Sat 06-Aug-16 22:07:06

I'll check out Chloe and beans, thanks for the tip. Did think about clips but not sure if he'd wear them. Going to do some work on his parting tomorrow and maybe a bit of blow-drying magic to convince it to stay to the sides 👍🏻

FatimaLovesBread Sat 06-Aug-16 22:28:03

If he's not keen on clips how about some blonde coloured hair grips? Would blend in and bit more maybe be more subtle.
I have some from boots that are a matt blonde colour rather than gold and shiny

OwlinaTree Sat 06-Aug-16 22:35:56

I'm growing my 2yo ds fringe out. He wears clips. It's got to be a thing every morning now 'red 'air cip mummy '.

DoJo Sat 06-Aug-16 22:40:50

How about one of those zig-zag type alice bands? I thought they would be perfect for my son who is going through the same thing at the moment, but he refuses to wear one (or indeed anything). He is just peering out from under a floppy hunk of fringe at the moment, but it doesn't bother him at all so I am leaving him be for the time being.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now