To think "can't find them" means they aren't in the place they are normally kept?

(5 Posts)
NapQueen Sat 06-Aug-16 15:04:14

Dh and I are out tonight. He has took the kids off to the park, and asked if I could find his trousers and chuck them in the wash as (and I fucking quote) "I can't find them anywhere, I think they need a wash, is that OK?"

First thing I did was cast an eye over his trousers shelf in the wardrobe - no sign. They are new only worn once. They weren't on the line/in either washing basket/in any of his bags/under the bed/under the sofa/in with my clothes etc.

Getting frustrated I pulled out the entire trouser shelf and there they were on the bottom of the pile neatly folded and not needing cleaned.

Aibu to think that when dh looked for them this morning he should have checked their actual home and thoroughly? Can't find them means lost right? Means "not where I keep them"?

He is naturally bad at keeping track of items; he has lost god knows how many sets of house keys.

MaddyHatter Sat 06-Aug-16 16:01:53

it means 'not immediately where i can put my hands on it' and quite often its just because they didn't look properly, or couldn't be bothered.

SaucyJack Sat 06-Aug-16 16:04:49

I'm the as your husband.

I often "lose" things because DP has washed stuff and/or put it in the correct place, and it never occurs to me in a million years to look for it there.

SaucyJack Sat 06-Aug-16 16:05:09

*the SAME as

NapQueen Sat 06-Aug-16 16:17:03

I don't put his clothes away he does that otherwise I'd have known they were in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now