To spend £80 at the hairdresser and look good?

(4 Posts)
Mosschopz Fri 05-Aug-16 20:34:22

My hairdresser is on holiday, so I had someone else. I asked him to add some warm reddish highlights to tone down what had become brassy blonde ones in the sun. He painted a 'warm brown' onto the roots and randomly to other strands and now what I'm left with is big red stripe down my centre parting and the rest brownish. AIBU to go back and ask them to sort it? My hair is long and j don't want to over treat it. That's kind of the reason I wanted it toned down in the first place, so I could grow out my colour! Grrrr!

PeppasNanna Fri 05-Aug-16 20:37:45

Why would you ask for reddish highlights to tone down your hair?

Go back & tell them your not happy but tell them what you want it to look like at the end rather than instructing them.

YANBU

Mosschopz Fri 05-Aug-16 20:45:17

Yeah I did that, I even had a photo that it now looks nothing like. Should have supplied them with a pic of a badger with a red tint, that would have been bang-on!

JenniferYellowHat1980 Fri 05-Aug-16 20:46:00

YANBU. I spent £60 last weekend having highlights but ended up with lots of horizontal stripes where the colour bled near the roots. I went back to have it fixed on Monday which was a real pain and it still looks kind of brassy. Needed it done in a rush and my own hairdresser wasn't available but I suppose I'll be spending more spoon getting it toned down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now