Stinky hair

(17 Posts)
Tinklypoo Thu 04-Aug-16 12:55:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pigsDOfly Thu 04-Aug-16 13:08:28

I'm most definitely not pregnant and I've noticed it too.

Agree, it's horrible.

Sassypants82 Thu 04-Aug-16 13:11:33

Hahaha, I was wondering if you were pregnant at the beginning of your post!

Yesterday a foreman let my son wear his hard hat for a few minutes.. Afterwards my son's head /hair stank of dirty hair & I couldn't stand it. I too am with child & 'enjoying' an enhanced sense of smell.

LikeIGiveAFrock Thu 04-Aug-16 13:13:40

The smell of dirty hair makes me dry heave

Bambooshoots14 Thu 04-Aug-16 13:13:48

Joys of pregnancy!

Tinklypoo Thu 04-Aug-16 13:14:10

Nabootique Thu 04-Aug-16 13:44:55

Mine falls out all the time, so I try and leave it alone as much as possible. As such, I rely on dry shampoo and probably only wash it once a week. I'm hoping it's not really smelly as I do use dry shampoo that smells nice, and spray perfume in the morning as well, but I just don't want to go bald!

ginghamstarfish Thu 04-Aug-16 15:36:25

There are a few stinky folk in general, sometimes get a whiff in the supermarket and feel like lobbing some soap in their trolley. If it's mainly young girls, maybe they can't be arsed with the constant straightening or whatever is the latest trend they're following, so they don't wash their hair that often. I'd think dry shampoo would absorb grease and stink though.

ClopySow Thu 04-Aug-16 17:03:35

I wonder if it's anything to do with fake hair and extensions that are glued in?

Capricorn76 Thu 04-Aug-16 17:12:03

I can honestly say that I've never noticed the smell of anyone's hair. All I can ever smell is hair products but not actual hair?

ChristmasZombie Thu 04-Aug-16 17:12:35

When we had the heat wave a few weeks ago my (sweaty by nature) Dd's (long, thick) hair smelled so bad! DH described it as smelling like uncooked sausages. I washed it every day, but by the morning it was stinking again. I took to dry shampoo each morning to try and cover up the smell, followed by a thorough shampooing before bed. I'd be gagging as I was brushing her hair!
I think hair just naturally traps sweat. And of course we all sweat heavily from our heads. Smells, like cooking smells or mildew or similar, cling to hair as well.

Couchpotato3 Thu 04-Aug-16 17:14:10

It's pregnancy super-nose, I think. I became very sensitive to alls sorts of smells when pregnant. Most of it went away afterwards, but I'm still very sensitive to the smell of other people's breath (heave!)

Tinklypoo Thu 04-Aug-16 17:59:17

SendARavenToRiverRun Thu 04-Aug-16 18:06:48

I've worked in a shop, we had one woman who came in a few times a week. Her hair was thick with grease and stank so horribly. It was always loose around her shoulder and very thick. She spent a fortune on stuff in the shop. I just wanted to tell her to buy some shampoo and conditioner. Yuck!
My hair sticks to me at night especially in the heat. I've taken to tying it up and washing it more frequently to prevent smells, I hope! Definitely not preggers lol but I do have a blood hound nose!

spankhurst Thu 04-Aug-16 18:09:57

Agree with Capricorn, only ever smelled hair when snuffling baby DS's head (it was gorgeous). Never ever smelled hair BO.

hollinhurst84 Thu 04-Aug-16 18:15:44

I can smell drinkers. Friends think I'm mad but I can smell when someone drinks a lot!
And yes to unwashed hair

LoreleiGilmoreIsMyBFF Thu 04-Aug-16 18:16:51

Could be because in the summer, lot's of people are having BBQ's and the smell kind of clings to hair and clothes? Might explain the sausagey thing....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now