to detest foot fiddlers.

(17 Posts)
OohMavis Wed 03-Aug-16 10:25:13

Am I alone? I am surrounded by them.

If there's something within six inches of DH's toes he FIDDLES with it, it could be anything. It drives me MAD. DS is worse, though he is 6, I suppose. I have to remind him a million times a day to stop standing on/rolling about/putting shit between his toes that do not belong anywhere near or under feet. Just now he was standing there fiddling with a puzzle box with his bare toes. JUST STOP ITTTTTT.

Why? Why do they do this? Were my family and their annoying foot-fiddling habits sent to test me?

<breathes deeply>

BillyNotQuiteNoMates Wed 03-Aug-16 10:27:17

I do thisblush

Thewolfsjustapuppy Wed 03-Aug-16 10:28:35

The feet have nearly as many tactile nerve endings as the hands. Fiddling with things with your feet is a form of tactile feedback education as well as very calming. Sorry YABU.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Wed 03-Aug-16 10:28:49

I had no idea people did this. I know without even experiencing it that it'd drive me fucking BONKERS.

Thewolfsjustapuppy Wed 03-Aug-16 10:29:27

I do it, I also love fiddling with people's feet grin

OohMavis Wed 03-Aug-16 10:31:51

I have very dexterous toes, they've come in very handy (hurr hurr) this pregnancy for picking things up that I can't bend down for. Toes are great.

It's the mindless FIDDLING! angry

Thewolfsjustapuppy Wed 03-Aug-16 10:34:58

Focus the fiddling by giving them crayons and paper or a toy.

NavyandWhite Wed 03-Aug-16 10:37:04

OP I think I have some kind of foot phobia.
I cannot stand feet. I cannot stand anyone picking their toenails ( the noise goes right through me ) I hate ugly feet, over grown toe nails, flaky feet.

Anything to do with feet.

ArmySal Wed 03-Aug-16 10:39:55

It honestly makes me sick anyone touching my feet, or touching theirs. My toddler keeps trying to eat his, I can't watch.

Missgraeme Wed 03-Aug-16 10:40:42

If we are having snacks and watching a film my dh will cross his legs and balance his plate in his ankle - foot pointing in my direction - I take his fork off him and stab his foot. Works a treat!! (fork can also be used to deter snoring /nose picking and testicle handling. Just make sure it's an identifiable utensil that u won't be using in the future!

kurlique Wed 03-Aug-16 10:49:14

I ruddy hate it too... Well I don't mind at all if it is silent but if people do it and make a noise in the process (like sliding stuff back and to on a hard floor) it drives me fruit loops... Like fingers dragged down a chalkboard... Makes my own toes curl!!😤

tiggerkid Wed 03-Aug-16 10:50:25

I had no idea people did this

Neither did I! It's the first time I've ever heard of "foot fiddling" smile Each to their own, I guess.

OP, I am really not sure what can be done about this as I am guessing it's probably a childhood habit and your DS may be picking it up from his dad.

OohMavis Wed 03-Aug-16 10:53:28

They do it to me too. If we're all on the sofa they'll dig and wiggle their toes into eachother's legs or whatever.

I've perfected the death stare when they forget themselves and touch me with their fiddling feet. But it still happens FAR too often angry

tiggerkid Wed 03-Aug-16 10:57:38

I've perfected the death stare when they forget themselves and touch me with their fiddling feet. But it still happens FAR too often

Perhaps, the Pavlov's dog approach might work here. Get a fly swatter or a wooden spoon from the kitchen, and every time they do it to you, hit them with it (obviously not such as to cause any serious damage smile). That might get them to start thinking twice before touching you with their feet again.

twinkletash Wed 03-Aug-16 11:00:57

YANBU my DP does this with the bloody rug all the time! He does it so much it sticks up in places and the amount of times I've nearly fallen flat on my face tripping over it is ridiculous

twinkletash Wed 03-Aug-16 11:01:16

YANBU my DP does this with the bloody rug all the time! He does it so much it sticks up in places and the amount of times I've nearly fallen flat on my face tripping over it is ridiculous

OohMavis Wed 03-Aug-16 11:21:42

yy, rug fiddling. They've made it fecking curl up at the edges with their incessant fiddling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now