To absolutely love fraiser?

(123 Posts)
InNeedOfABatcave3 Tue 02-Aug-16 08:18:14

My dc think I am. They won't even sit in the room when it's on. They say urgh mum you and your bad TV shows and bugger off to their bedrooms. They hate everybody loves Raymond as well.

I'm getting my coffee and croissants ready for my favourite hour in the morning. grin I love working term time and having enough mornings to waste watching crap TV.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 02-Aug-16 08:21:36

I love Frasiergrin.

OwlinaTree Tue 02-Aug-16 08:22:03

I love Frasier. Last series not quite as good, but yes I think it's great.

Trying to think of my top Frasier moment...

twopenneth Tue 02-Aug-16 08:24:59

We both love Frasier in this house. Favourite part is when they're playing Pictionary & he's yelling at Julia. 'And I, my hand towel'

OwlinaTree Tue 02-Aug-16 08:26:00

The one when he goes to the zoo to meet the crane called Frasier which attacks him is a good one.

The one when he borrows Niles' beach house for the party and there is a dead seal...

Oh the one with the parrot on Niles' head! 'Stephanie's horny', 'Brian is a lush' (something like that)

Yanbu...it's bloody brilliant! I feel like it hasn't aged and is still funny now...unlike friends (for example) where the jokes involve pagers and current celebrities so 20y later it just isn't as funny (iygwim)

I bloody hate Daphne's family though

OwlinaTree Tue 02-Aug-16 08:27:10

That's a great episode two!

High holidays is my favourite, nikes wants to get high so gets a pot brownie that Martin unknowingly eats and replaced with a normal one...so Martin is unknowingly high and niles thinks he is

Or the dead seal

Or when martins gun accidentally goes off because niles can't catch a banana

The most common used phrase in my house is "I'm in a bit of a pickle, well not so much a pickle, more of a cornichon" grin

woodvillain Tue 02-Aug-16 08:32:23

I love Frasier! I was given the complete set of DVDs for my birthday and I think it's the best present ever. My favourite episode is 3 valentines and the scene with Niles getting ready in Frasiers flat. Just brilliant!

InNeedOfABatcave3 Tue 02-Aug-16 08:33:49

They're great owl and two.

I laughed so much yesterday when fraiser invited someone back for dinner to meet daphne and that person was gay. Niles won the coin flip and got to tell fraiser.

FeckinCrutches Tue 02-Aug-16 08:35:25

youtu.be/6mWiPaQ872c

This is my absolute favourite clip ever. Utter genius.

InNeedOfABatcave3 Tue 02-Aug-16 08:36:19

I thought I had seen them all but I've never watched the one where niles thinks he's high and Martin actually is. I need to watch that one!

LucilleBluth Tue 02-Aug-16 08:37:23

Yes, like the pp said, it has aged well unlike other 90's shows like friends and Sex and the City etc.

I also love the fact that it's nearly always perpetually Autumn in Fraiser land. Just the colours of the sets and the 90s fashion of bog cable knits, opaque tights, oversized shirts on the women makes me feel all cozy.

CoodleMoodle Tue 02-Aug-16 08:37:44

Love Frasier. Spent three or so months watching it from start to finish and was lost for a little while when I finished.

Best bit for me is the Christmas one where Frasier has to pretend to be Jewish, and Niles comes in dressed as Jesus... grin

InNeedOfABatcave3 Tue 02-Aug-16 08:41:40

grin that clip

Agree about the dating!

Marmite27 Tue 02-Aug-16 08:44:09

Air violin!

That is all.

Apart from Eddie is clearly the best character grin

MrsJoeyMaynard Tue 02-Aug-16 08:52:15

Love Frasier. Agree it's aged well.

Although Daphne's family are just annoying.

Whinyleonard Tue 02-Aug-16 09:01:03

The best episode ever is called Boo! And is the one where Frasier fessed up as a clown and gives his dad a heart attack. I fly long haul a lot and it's one of the ones that comes up everywhere. It still makes me laugh after 10 years!

Abby21 Tue 02-Aug-16 09:01:33

Best sitcom ever!

whatyouseeiswhatyouget Tue 02-Aug-16 09:03:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CaptainCrunch Tue 02-Aug-16 09:08:02

The one where he sings buttons and bows on the telethon and forgets the words, I laugh like a drain every time.

I know what you mean op, dh and dc absolutely hate it. I'm lying in bed chuckling to it right now.

parisgellar Tue 02-Aug-16 09:09:21

I adore Frasier. So funny. It started before I was even born but I still enjoy it, I think it's timeless. I watched the whole series while on maternity leave, then again when it started again!

TeaStory Tue 02-Aug-16 09:11:30

Makes me laugh until I cry, so many fantastic episodes.

I love episodes with Bebe particularly - "She has no scruples, no ethics, and no REFLECTION!"

LittleLionMansMummy Tue 02-Aug-16 09:13:53

Yep, another one who loves it! In fact it's the only American sitcom I can happily watch. It's very clever and the characters are just fabulous. Daphne is awesome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now