Sleeping on the sofa

(10 Posts)
RosieTheCat Mon 01-Aug-16 23:45:44

34 weeks pregnant with gd and I have a terrible cold so I'm feeling rubbish and can't control my levels, DD is just getting over it but had me up 4 nights at the end of last week with very little sleep finally sleeping through again Saturday night.
During these nights I slept in her room on a mattress on the floor and on the sofa with her so Dp could sleep before work

Due to the cold my snoring is worse than normal Iv taken everything I can, he gets into bed after me waking me up knowing I won't fall asleep again easily telling me I'm snoring, he then proceedes to poke me, moan at me, play a game on his phone and play music to try and get to sleep himself all of wich are keeping me wide awake

He does have a a very physical job with long hours and few no days off in the summer and a terrible bad back but gets to sleep in every morning while I get up to make his lunch, I also make sure he always has clean work gear even if it dosent make it from the clean laundry pile to the draws

To top it all off we are in the middle of packing to move house with an uncertain move date

WIBU to refuse to do anything for him for the rest of this pregnancy and force him to kip on the sofa even if it means I most likely won't sleep after kicking him out of bed? Oh the joys of insomnia sad

BillyNotQuiteNoMates Mon 01-Aug-16 23:49:26

Just put a bolt on the inside of the bedroom door and get a good nights kip!

RosieTheCat Tue 02-Aug-16 00:25:54

Bully I'm very tempted to do that but we are currently in a rental and with my diy skills the door might not survive grin

Bluecarrot Tue 02-Aug-16 00:50:56

Just set up the sofa for him with his dressing gown or other big hint draped over it.
Then have yourself a nice bath and as early a night as you can manage with your lo.

trafalgargal Tue 02-Aug-16 03:35:59

You sound perfectly matched.

So you aren't working and think you shouldn't do anything at all for him because your snoring wakes him up ? He works long hours for fun rather than to keep his family ?

Makes his sandwiches the night before and stay in bed the next morning if that's the only reason you are getting up because your child is still sleeping. If you are up anyway because she is awake then two minutes to make a pack up doesn't seem unreasonable

Do you expect your cold to last the rest of the pregnancy as you want to punish him til then ?

trafalgargal Tue 02-Aug-16 03:39:11

You could sleep on the sofa instead if you won't sleep after kicking him out of bed.

Or you could just chill out

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 02-Aug-16 03:42:29

If he has a physically demanding job to do with long hours I don't think he should get the sofa. Sorry.

Amelie10 Tue 02-Aug-16 09:27:44

Agree with trafalgar. His job requires him to have a good sleep, so you should have the sofa. And make his sandwiches at night?
Also you can have a nap during the day while he is at work.

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Tue 02-Aug-16 11:09:17

Oh come on! OP is 34 weeks pregnant and will be exhausted! This is bullshit. Oh poor DH has a job to go to? Well so does the rest of the world. Only when you're pregnant and sick and have another child to care for there are no breaks and I'm willing to bet it's more physically demanding for OP right now than DH's job.

He needs to grow up and take care of his family in more ways than just financially.

What sexist drivel that the little woman at home should be washing clothes and cooking for the man while growing his children. If he is at home work is split 50/50, and that includes taking care of children at night and letting his partner sleep on occasion.

I don't know what some of these people do (or don't do) with their own children, but in my experience taking care of children means working hard. Throw being sick and heavily pregnant into the mix and DH has no excuse.

trafalgargal Tue 02-Aug-16 12:59:23

I disagree
Whilst I was a SAH my job was to keep the home going. My husband worked long hours to provide for us and realistically when you are home you are your own boss and adjust your schedule to suit. Most people in full time physical jobs don't have that luxury. At the weekends we shared the work but I certainly didn't expect him to leave at 8am get home at 9pm and put the marigolds on. If I needed to nap when my child did, I could. If we wanted a snuggle or enjoy the fresh air ...we did it. Yes staying home can be hard work too but let's drop the martyr act it isn't that rough with just one child to look after even with a bad cold . (Always thought it was called Man flu not Mum flu 😌)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now